Forza 7 removing "loot boxes", paid tokens not part of FH4

Started by Legend, Jul 26, 2018, 03:51 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Forza 7 removing "loot boxes", paid tokens not part of FH4 | ResetEra

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/Forza_Summer_Update

Turn 10 studios announced in a blog post that, the prize crate, essentially loot boxes in Forza Motorsport 7, will be removed from the game completely, and paid tokens which can be used to purchase cars in game, will also not be implemented in FM7 and Forza Horizon 4.

Keep in mind though, the crates in FM7 are in game currency only, there is currently no form of microtransactions in Forza Motorsport 7. In the past Forza games, paid tokens were often added to the game some time after release, and can be entirely disabled in the optons.

One major area of discussion for the team has been prize crates. While we've never charged money for prize crates in Forza Motorsport 7, their presence in the game has continued to be a source of controversy. The overwhelming feedback has been that this system feels out of place in the game. After careful consideration, we have decided to completely remove prize crates from Forza Motorsport 7. Similarly, paid tokens - which were a part of previous Forza games - will not be coming to Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 4.Click to expand...
Yay
!

darkknightkryta

Honestly, I think they could have left lootboxes in games if they just let you buy what you want as well.  That way you can buy some loot boxes for some random stuff, but when you want that specific character/skin, you can go and buy it.  It'll be like, win/win for publishers.  They make money off of lootboxes as well as making people buy things and you'd have none of the backlash.

Dr. Pezus

Honestly, I think they could have left lootboxes in games if they just let you buy what you want as well.  That way you can buy some loot boxes for some random stuff, but when you want that specific character/skin, you can go and buy it.  It'll be like, win/win for publishers.  They make money off of lootboxes as well as making people buy things and you'd have none of the backlash.
Wait, hasn't that been possible in multiple games?

I don't think many would buy lootboxes if they could just buy exactly what they want

darkknightkryta

Wait, hasn't that been possible in multiple games?

I don't think many would buy lootboxes if they could just buy exactly what they want
No clue if other games did that.  You might want lootboxes for random things I guess.

Dr. Pezus

No clue if other games did that.  You might want lootboxes for random things I guess.
If you like randomness, which pretty much nobody does lulz

darkknightkryta

If you like randomness, which pretty much nobody does lulz
For grunt stuff, the random doesn't matter I guess.  For higher class stuff it does XD.

Ludicrous Speed

Wow, Horizon 4 is going to be incredible.

Kerotan

Cod4 does. I open the artic wolf crates and if I don't get anything knew I buy stuff from the set with duplicate points. It's actually quite fun and doesn't cost a penny. Just playing the game normally is enough.