SemiAcccurate gets some Playstation 5/Next details ($1000 Subscription to read / Summary in OP)

Started by the-pi-guy, Apr 04, 2018, 01:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

SemiAcccurate gets some Playstation 5/Next details ($1000 Subscription to read / Summary in OP) | ResetEra

https://semiaccurate.com/2018/04/03/semiacccurate-gets-playstation-5next-details/ So Semiaccuarate who got info right about the nx with nintendo partnering with nvidia for the switch and giving correct ps4 specs in 2012 has a lot of info on ps5. Problem is it requires a professional level subscription which is $1000 to read the article. Edit: Here is a short summary of the article: Mikey Jr. said:  
Quick Summary of Playstation 5 article: -Uses AMD's Navi as its base architecture, not specifically using Navi. -CPU is Zen -Large amount of devkits have apparently gone out. -Author suggests 2018 release of PS5 is not out of the question based on the amount of devkits released -VR "goodies" baked in at the Silicon level. (Sony not giving up on PSVR any time soon is what I think) Some more stuff in there, but I am not technically literate, and doesn't really discuss power of the system.Click to expand...
Mod Edit: Do not post scans of the article, summaries and discussion are fine however.  

Legend

Hard to judge without seeing the big specifics, but I'm doubtful.

ethomaz

Nov 2019 never come so late :(

Legend

Nov 2019 never come so late :(
You want the PS5 to be sooner than that?

the-pi-guy

2019 will be a good time.  

Hopefully the VR stuff happens, even if the rest is junk.  

Legend

I want it to be as late as possible. Need to release at least one PS4 game  :P

the-pi-guy

I want it to be as late as possible. Need to release at least one PS4 game  :P
2019 might be too soon!

Wait is this list accurate?  It's making me sad.  

Legend

2019 might be too soon!

Wait is this list accurate?  It's making me sad.  
Publically it's not accurate. I'm not sure I've ever said 2016 or 2018.

Internally, you're missing 2013  :P

the-pi-guy

Internally, you're missing 2013  :P
I actually had it, but then I wasn't actually sure it's been that long.  

Legend

I actually had it, but then I wasn't actually sure it's been that long.  
It has been that long...

the-pi-guy

It has been that long...
Scope creep is one hell of a drug.  

Legend

Scope creep is one hell of a drug.  
I started cutting features 2 years ago.  :P

the-pi-guy

I started cutting features 2 years ago.  :P
How about "Game development is one hell of a drug, and biting off more than one can chew is bad"?

Legend

How about "Game development is one hell of a drug, and biting off more than one can chew is bad"?

I'm just so glad I started out with what I thought was a small game. Imagine if I jumped straight into one of the other concepts I had floating around  :P

the-pi-guy

I'm just so glad I started out with what I thought was a small game. Imagine if I jumped straight into one of the other concepts I had floating around  :P
I know what you mean.  
I have some big ideas too!  Either need to master the art of procedural generation, or hire a big team.  Or both...