GI's Spider-Man PS4 Month! Today: Peter Parker

Started by Xevross, Apr 03, 2018, 04:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Xevross

This isn't part of the coverage for some reason, but there's an impressions article too on GI:

Exclusive Hands-On Impressions Of Spider-Man - Features - www.GameInformer.com

And a summary, thanks to Era:

Controls:
  • L3 to dive and gain momentum
  • X to send out a zip web (used to move around buildings quickly and make sudden turns in direction
  • Scan environment by pressing R3

Suits:
  • You start off with the traditional suit
  • They don't explain the white spider, but do explain some aspects of the new suit, the red parts on the suit are made for armor reinforcement, where he might get hit the most and the blue parts are used for flexibility in order to traverse easier
  • They saw silhouettes of a dozen suits, but they said there would be more in the final game
  • It seems like certain suits will have their own abilities

Combat:
  • It's fast and fluid
  • Spider-Man jumps from one enemy to the next with ease
  • All about giving the player choices; webbing up and using items, fighting enemies in the air, using gadgets, finishing moves.

Peter Parker:
  • The part that they got to play with Peter Parker is the one we see in the PGW trailer at the F.E.A.S.T shelter
  • Walk around the shelter interacting with various items, speaking to characters
  • They compare it to those quiet moments in Uncharted games where people are walking around going about their business interacting with each other and various things in the environment

The Open World:
  • The city is densely packed with people and life. Saying that none of the details disappear when they are at a distance
  • Can interact with citizens; take selfies with them, high five, finger guns
  • Definitely Marvel's Universe; Avengers building, Wakandan Embassy

Side Activities:
  • One has you grabbing various backpacks that Peter has webbed up in the past , the one they picked up in the demo had and image Spider-Man's old webshooters
  • Taskmaster has placed various bombs all over the city that need to be defused
  • Earn crafting components for competing these missions, bonus objectives during them give you more materials
  • Outposts that are run by Kingpin need to be taken down
  • Seems like Shocker bit from the trailer is tied into a side mission
  • Random crimes happen; robberies (actually get to go into interiors), car chases.
  • Take photos of some golden cats that are strewn about by Black Cat

Leveling System:
  • Gain experience for doing various tasks; finding landmarks, combat, exploration.
  • Various traversal upgrades; swing speed, faster launching

Gadgets:
  • Tripwire which we've seen in the demo
  • Web bomb which incapacitates a group of enemies at once
  • Spider Drone which can shoot webs of it's own at enemies

DLC "City Never Sleeps":
  • Committed to keeping people engaged after the main story
  • Each will feature a unique villain, storyline, missions, challenges, and suits
  • First one is called "The Heist" and features the Black Cat

Minor Story Details:
  • Mary Jane and Peter are not together at the time
  • Game opens up with having to take down Kingpin
  • Opens up in Peter's apartment showing some daily bugle cut outs of Vulture, Electro, Scorpion and Rhino. Doesn't confirm them as villains in the game, just that some cutouts of them getting captured by Spider-Man are there.

The best part is the quote at the end:

"I walked away from Spider-Man with one word in mind: Amazing. Insomniac is poised to do for Spider-Man what Rocksteady did for Batman. Only experienced a small part of what will be in the final product, but what I played is exactly what I want from a Spider-Man game"

Dr. Pezus

Xevross

Just hope it's good throughout and doesn't get boring!
Well you don't have to read everything! The two videos today are very good. I didn't realise how old Spidey's voice actor is though  :o

Avengers building and Wakandan embassy in the map is so cool. Also did anyone play Sunset Overdrive? How big did the map feel, since this is apparently several times easier.

Dr. Pezus

Well you don't have to read everything! The two videos today are very good. I didn't realise how old Spidey's voice actor is though  :o

Avengers building and Wakandan embassy in the map is so cool. Also did anyone play Sunset Overdrive? How big did the map feel, since this is apparently several times easier.
Lol wut  was talking about the game

darkknightkryta

Just hope it's good throughout and doesn't get boring!
They said there's boring parts in the game like the boring parts in Uncharted  ::)

Dr. Pezus

They said there's boring parts in the game like the boring parts in Uncharted  ::)
They didn't say they're boring lol. It's fun in uncharted

darkknightkryta

Dr. Pezus

Legend

I love the selfies with npcs idea. Way too many games make pedestrians pointless.

Also can you jump?

Xevross

I love the selfies with npcs idea. Way too many games make pedestrians pointless.

Also can you jump?
I know it sounds great, and very Spiderman too!

Yep

Xevross

Dr. Pezus

So today's update is just a link to the article that went up yesterday. That sucks :-\

Exclusive Hands-On Impressions Of Spider-Man - Features - www.GameInformer.com

Wut

I just watched the 100+ questions video and it was cool. Had some exlucive info and even footage, like footage of some costumes

the-pi-guy

I'm really impressed with how it looks.  

Has a colorful but realistic look that reminds me of inFamous SS.  

Was worried about the gameplay.  It seems like a lot of devs really struggle with nailing floating gameplay.  Diving/Flying usually never feels right, but it seems promising.  

Dr. Pezus

His favorite SM game are the PS games by Neversoft. Mine too. So amazing back then. SM2 on PS2 was also great, I played that A LOT

Xevross

His favorite SM game are the PS games by Neversoft. Mine too. So amazing back then. SM2 on PS2 was also great, I played that A LOT
Yeah the original spider-man on PS was my jam as a kid, before I got a PS2 when I was 7. One of the first proper games I had and I loved it. SM2 on PS2 was also one of my favourites. Its been too long since we had a good Spidey game

Go Up