Far Cry 5 Reviews! 81 - 83

Started by Dr. Pezus, Mar 26, 2018, 01:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

my opinion of the game is dropping like a stone.

why dont games let you have save slots anymore. all i wanna do is save before doing simething crazy then being able to load.. but nope.  i fudgy hate that as a mechanic is games.  

now its forcing me to do a mission i dont wanna do,  i cant back out of it. and i cant reload to a previous spot.  jesus fudge this is some of the worst god dang game design i have ever fudgy seen.    for an openworld game, itries to limit you at every turn.   my fudgy ai ally keeps dieing, but i need him to get into a chopper, but the fudge maker is to handicapped to do anything but drool on himself and die over and over again

they at one point had 6 straigjt cutscenes so you have to individually skip each one which is all kinds of retarded.

doesnt deserve an 80.  barely deseves a 70.  
You skip cutscenes!?

But yeah that sounds annoying. How did the previous games handle this?

nnodley

That's probably my only complaint really.  I was literally doing an outpost and then bam I was drugged and in a main mission.

Xevross

You skip cutscenes!?

Yeah skipping cutscenes on first playthrough is super weird. I don't think I've ever done, even if I wasn't liking the game so much.

DD_Bwest

You skip cutscenes!?

i didnt wanna be doing the mission  and wanted to get back to what i was doing.   if i had planned to do it,  i would have watched it,  but i was so pissed off enough that if i wasnt able to skip i would have got up and left the game running while i smoked.  its absolute assinine game desin that does nothing but frustrate the player.   if your going to have a part where you get drugged or  dragged into a mission,  it should be while your already in a mission.  doing it during free roam is just asking to make people frustrated.

DD_Bwest

That's probably my only complaint really.  I was literally doing an outpost and then bam I was drugged and in a main mission.
it happens repeatedly, i had a bunch of stuff i wanted to do but it forced me into it, i turned the game off for  while.  when i wanted to play again they were still after me.  its set up that at a random point it feels youve gone to far and no matter where you are they will follow you.  if you fast travel the second they show up they will follow you around no matter where.  i even managed to trigger another mission, and the second that was over, they came swarming in like a swat team in all directions.  i ended up paying my kid 4 bucks to do the mission while i have a smoke.

all i wanna do is have fun exploring and killing. its ruined by a game designers terrible attempt to suck his own sucker

Legend

it happens repeatedly, i had a bunch of stuff i wanted to do but it forced me into it, i turned the game off for  while.  when i wanted to play again they were still after me.  its set up that at a random point it feels youve gone to far and no matter where you are they will follow you.  if you fast travel the second they show up they will follow you around no matter where.  i even managed to trigger another mission, and the second that was over, they came swarming in like a swat team in all directions.  i ended up paying my kid 4 bucks to do the mission while i have a smoke.

all i wanna do is have fun exploring and killing. its ruined by a game designers terrible attempt to suck his own sucker
Think it could be fixed with an update?

DD_Bwest

Think it could be fixed with an update?
no its design.  someone at unisoft soft got these ideas i his head and somehow no one said no thats dumb.    

also as you liberate a region,  the enemy becomes more prevalent in some dog backwards way.   right now i cant go 60 seconds without an airplanr attacking me,   or ramdomly 3 suvs will attack me.

i was in   the middle of buttfuck no where fishing cause i was sick and ired of constant waves of enemies storming me no matter where i was,  and i still had planes showing up over  and over.

Xevross

Mar 30, 2018, 03:32 PM Last Edit: Mar 30, 2018, 03:34 PM by Xevross
I don't think these really sound like problems for me. I usually like the be engaged in the main game/ story most of the time. I almost always find going off the beaten track and doing my own thing super boring. The only exception I've found is breath of the wild.

Far cry is more story heavy too, so this fits for me. I feel like you're signing up for a story heavy experience with a far cry Game, it isn't for just wondering around in an open world.

BananaKing

i didnt wanna be doing the mission  and wanted to get back to what i was doing.   if i had planned to do it,  i would have watched it,  but i was so pissed off enough that if i wasnt able to skip i would have got up and left the game running while i smoked.  its absolute assinine game desin that does nothing but frustrate the player.   if your going to have a part where you get drugged or  dragged into a mission,  it should be while your already in a mission.  doing it during free roam is just asking to make people frustrated.
I love dynamic shame like that

Dr. Pezus

I love dynamic shame like that
Lol me too but I can understand why some people find that annoying

DD_Bwest

now ive had 3 differnet enemy snipers fall below the map so that i cant shoot them, but they can shoot me.  I also had one of the bosses fall through the ground and i wasnt able to complete the mission.   I had someone literally spawn infront of me and kill me.  this game is broken as fudge.  I was on one quest and was supposed to follow an ally,  but he stood there not moving so i had to restart it.  I failed one quest because there was 5 enemy guns on the ground surrounding a marker i had to place explosives, and no matter what i did it wouldnt let me interact with the marker, only swap guns.  Because the radius on gun pickups is massive and overrides others for some iced up reason

the-pi-guy

Eek that's bad .

Legend

now ive had 3 differnet enemy snipers fall below the map so that i cant shoot them, but they can shoot me.  I also had one of the bosses fall through the ground and i wasnt able to complete the mission.   I had someone literally spawn infront of me and kill me.  this game is broken as fudge.  I was on one quest and was supposed to follow an ally,  but he stood there not moving so i had to restart it.  I failed one quest because there was 5 enemy guns on the ground surrounding a marker i had to place explosives, and no matter what i did it wouldnt let me interact with the marker, only swap guns.  Because the radius on gun pickups is massive and overrides others for some iced up reason
Yeah I've seen a lot of funny glitches on reddit.

nnodley

Yeah it's a little weird because there isn't really any warning to when it pushes you into a mission by being drugged.  It's literally within 10 to 15 seconds after a radio call about them putting a "hit" on you.  Only happened twice for me so far, but i'm not too far into it I don't think anyway. But it does make sense at least the 2 missions it did it to me with because they purposely are hunting you.

the-pi-guy

I obviously am not playing, but that seems kinda lame to pull the same thing a few times.  

Go Up