Ghost of Tsushima announced: open world from Sucker Punch

Started by Legend, Oct 30, 2017, 04:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Legend

Oct 30, 2017, 04:50 PM Last Edit: Oct 30, 2017, 05:00 PM by Legend
Sounds a lot like Horizon Zero dawn in open world design.

Based off the historical Mongol invasion of Japan.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Short, but i think i like it..

DerNebel

God I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a proper AAA open world game based on feudal Japan!!

Legend

God I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a proper AAA open world game based on feudal Japan!!
I'm just shocked it's made by a western dev. During the trailer I was expecting this to be another bloodborne type game.

Mmm_fish_tacos

That's a serious departure from sucker punches previous games I hope it goes well for them.

DerNebel

I'm just shocked it's made by a western dev. During the trailer I was expecting this to be another bloodborne type game.
Yeah, during the whole trailer I was thinking which japanese company still put the kinda budget into their games to produce trailers like this. I thought this was a Capcom or maybe Square Enix game at first, Sucker Punch is a positive surprise though, it should minimize the battleship in the game (microtransactions etc.). I'm kinda worried about how fleshed out the open world will be however.

nnodley

Wow did not expect SP to announce at a non US conference.  Looks great so far though.  You know speaking of horizon even the title logo seems inspired by Horizon.  Also, sony is fully on board the open world hype train for sure.

the-pi-guy

Really exciting.  This kind of game is one I've been waiting for.  

Visually looks great.  Everything looks very full.  A few screens don't look as flattering. Like the part where he says "which to tame", that doesn't look the best.  The next part looks way better with the effects.  Some screens look fantastic like the trees early on.  Overall a great looking game.  

I'm really looking forward to seeing more gameplay.  

Legend

Really exciting.  This kind of game is one I've been waiting for. 

Visually looks great.  Everything looks very full.  A few screens don't look as flattering. Like the part where he says "which to tame", that doesn't look the best.  The next part looks way better with the effects.  Some screens look fantastic like the trees early on.  Overall a great looking game. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing more gameplay. 
Looks like average AAA.

I hope it plays more like an rpg than infamous. Let me buy weapons and clothes.

Cute Pikachu

To be honest that was probably my favorite trailer for a PlayStation exclusive by far. Where do I preorder?
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

Kerotan

Just when i thought Sony's line up couldn't get anymore diverse. I guaranteed you sucker punch at least considered making an open world zombie survival game. That would have been terrible considering days gone. Best decision ever.

Strong sales in Japan and Asia will hopefully cover any lost sales in the west. This has the makings of a hit.

the-pi-guy

Supposedly from the website.

darkknightkryta

So after 4 years, is this game ready to launch tomorrow?

nnodley

So after 4 years, is this game ready to launch tomorrow?
Yeah lets hope it's not too much longer.  As it looks though 2018 and 2019 are gonna be stacked!