PUBG PS4 Discussions Taking Place Between Bluehole and Sony - Push Square

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 02, 2017, 12:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Tachikoma

Am I the only one that has never, and likely will never play PUBG, and the more I hear about the battleship it's developers are pulling the less I even contemplate changing that?

Legend

Am I the only one that has never, and likely will never play PUBG, and the more I hear about the battleship it's developers are pulling the less I even contemplate changing that?
There are dozens of us!!!

PUBG PS4 Discussions Taking Place Between Bluehole and Sony - Push Square
With Fortnight already out on PS4, I'd be shocked if they're not fast tracking their port plans.

BananaKing

i want to try it, see what all the fuss is about. i think i would like it, but not as much as i like games like Doom or Battlefield 1

the-pi-guy

I'm in the same boat.

darkknightkryta

Who the #$&% is Bluehole and what the #$&% is PUBG?

the-pi-guy

Bluehole is a video game publisher.  
PUBG is company that made a game also called PUBG, which has become massively successful.  

Sold more than 13 million copies, and holds several steam records like most concurrent players despite the fact that it hasn't actually released yet.

Ludicrous Speed

They've said before that when they release version 1.0 it will also be on PS4.

Tachikoma

Im all for releasing games people enjoy, on more systems, but the recent kerfuffle over the whole "we essentially own the rights to this gameplay concept and will go after anyone who makes anything vaugly similar, or even thinks about a BR mode.."

It's just... come the hell on, it's been done before, it'll be done again, just because they touched lucky on their release doesn't entitle them to the entire genre, that's just battleship.

BananaKing

you havent heard of player unknowns battlegrounds? (PUBG) bluehole is the publisher

DerNebel

Im all for releasing games people enjoy, on more systems, but the recent kerfuffle over the whole "we essentially own the rights to this gameplay concept and will go after anyone who makes anything vaugly similar, or even thinks about a BR mode.."

It's just... come the hell on, it's been done before, it'll be done again, just because they touched lucky on their release doesn't entitle them to the entire genre, that's just battleship.
Yeah, I'd honestly find it more than a little bit amusing if this game imploded on itself before even coming out of beta. The devs seem to be giant dicks.

Xevross

Add me to that boat. I'm only slightly interested in it and now I think I won't play it for sure

SWORDF1SH

I'm in the same boat.
Add me to that boat. I'm only slightly interested in it and now I think I won't play it for sure

darkknightkryta

Bluehole is a video game publisher.  
PUBG is company that made a game also called PUBG, which has become massively successful.  

Sold more than 13 million copies, and holds several steam records like most concurrent players despite the fact that it hasn't actually released yet.
But what is it though?  Like, what kind of game?  

Kerotan

I was interested in PUGB but Fortnite is free and actually looks more fun.  After playing foFortnite a good bit now I love it and don't care for PUGB anymore.  The 1.0 version ps4 gets would want to be massively improved over its current state.  

I'm more hyped at the thought of Ubisoft doing it on ghghost recon,  Konami on MGSV or Warner Bros on Mad Max.  Now that would be insane.