Final Fantasy XV was a blockbuster success

Started by Kerotan, Sep 21, 2017, 11:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Kerotan

Time people stop down playing it's success.  In their latest fiscal report SE praised the success of Nier and FFXV highly.  I imagine both will sell much more going forward and will be even more successful.

Digital Entertainment Business Segment
In the fiscal year ended March 2017, the Digital Entertainment Business Segment posted net sales of ¥199 billion
and operating income of ¥33.3 billion, with both figures representing year-on-year growth. In the HD (High-Definition)
Games sub-segment, major titles such as "FINAL FANTASY XV," "Rise of the Tomb Raider" for PlayStation®4, "Deus
Ex: Mankind Divided," and "NieR:Automata" made major contributions to earnings. We released "FINAL FANTASY XV,"
the latest series title in the FINAL FANTASY franchise, simultaneously in all markets on November 29, 2016. Thanks
to your support, the title has been a major global hit enjoyed by gamers the world over. Since the game's launch, we
have released DLC (downloadable content) and updates to ensure its many fans can continue to play it over the long
term. In the case of "Rise of the Tomb Raider," we first released versions for Xbox One and Xbox 360 followed
by Windows in the fiscal year ended March 2016, before making it available for PlayStation®4 in the fiscal year ended
March 2017. The global response to the title has been excellent, putting it on par with "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided" as
a symbol of the high quality of our Group's products. In addition, "NieR:Automata," which we released
in February 2017, has proven a global hit far in excess of our expectations. It has not only reminded the world of the
high quality of Japanese games, but also demonstrated significant potential for future franchise development

http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/pdf/ar_2017en.pdf

Legend

Awesome. I really enjoyed watching my brother play it.

the-pi-guy

Awesome. I really enjoyed watching my brother play it.
Families that play together stay together.

Kerotan

Families that play together stay together.
You obviously didn't see the last episode of jeremy kyle