Xbox One X is $499: confirmed

Started by Legend, Jun 11, 2017, 03:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ethomaz

BananaKing

if its 499$ and sony cut the price of the pro to 349$ right before scorpio releases then scorpio is gonna have a bad time... a really bad time..

Legend

I obviously can't hear Geoff speaking, since this is twitter, but it "appears" someone pissed off Geoff.  Like, Geoff's response to Greenberg's tweet seems vicious.
Kinda or maybe jokingly.

Half hour till we'll hear him speak.

darkknightkryta

Kinda or maybe jokingly.

Half hour till we'll hear him speak.
Yeah, like I said it could be a coup by Ms, but it sounds like either Geoff got hacked or is pissed off with MS.

Legend

Yeah, like I said it could be a coup by Ms, but it sounds like either Geoff got hacked or is pissed off with MS.
Not hacked lol, unless you believe in body snatchers.

Xevross

if its 499$ and sony cut the price of the pro to 349$ right before scorpio releases then scorpio is gonna have a bad time... a really bad time..
Well if MS market it well and people are aware of the Scorpio's big power advantage, it won't do too badly. If you're in the market for a premium console anyway, why not spend some more and get the best one?

Legend

PHil just ran through that price lol.

Dr. Pezus

PHil just ran through that price lol.
Yeah, padded it with "world's most powerful console" first

Raven

The audience didn't seem nearly as willing to cheer when he announced the price.

nnodley

Well if MS market it well and people are aware of the Scorpio's big power advantage, it won't do too badly. If you're in the market for a premium console anyway, why not spend some more and get the best one?
Sure its more powerful, but it's not a huge power advantage like a lot seem to think.  Will be nothing more than a few extra games being native 4k than pro.  And if pro is $350 that will win over a little more power for an extra $150.  

Raven

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Xbox One X - Available November 7 for $499

499$ and a conference to showcase the world's most powerful console through indie games. You iced up Microsoft.

nnodley

MS just doesn't seem to get it on the price.  At least they have it being more power though going for them this time.

Xevross

Sure its more powerful, but it's not a huge power advantage like a lot seem to think.  Will be nothing more than a few extra games being native 4k than pro.  And if pro is $350 that will win over a little more power for an extra $150.  
That's why marketing is important. They need to make people think the extra cost is worth it.

nnodley

That's why marketing is important. They need to make people think the extra cost is worth it.
this was their first attempt though and I think they dropped the ball this time

Legend

Go Up