Bananaking's E3 2017 Predictions.

Started by BananaKing, May 29, 2017, 07:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

BananaKing

Sony

- GoW gameplay with huge set piece. "2018" release shown after

- Spiderman live gameplay demo shown. Holiday 2017

- Days Gone live Demo/trailer shown. no release window given

- Sucker Punch's new IP shown with a trailer then gameplay. like how Horizon and Days Gone were announced

- Death Stranding new Trailer shown explaining a bit of the story, world lore and so on. no gameplay shown

- Detroit trailer/gameplay shown, September release date.

- GTS trailer. Holiday release date

- Bloodborne 2 announced.

- North West's VR game announced

- No Dreams trailer or anything shown

- Knack trailer/gameplay shown with a release date of who gives a fudge

- The Last of Us 2 will close the show with gameplay

Microsoft

- Sea of Thieves shown with a September release date

- Crackdown shown with an octobor release date

- Forza 7 shown with a november release date

- State of Decay 2 shown with a december release date

- Some boring minecraft shame

- Scorpio shown. 499$ price releasing in Nov.

- Scorpio's compatible VR headset shown. Fallout 4 VR being the prime piece of software at the show.

- Phantom Dust will not be at the show.

Nintendo

- Retro announces a new Metriod game

- Pikmin 4 announced

- Pokemon game announced for switch

- Xenoblade 2 gameplay/trailer with release date for this year in japan

- Animal Crossing switch announced

3rd Patries/ Other

- Cyberpunk 2077 shown. with release date of holiday 2017 or early 2018 given (BELIEVE!!!)

- Criterions new IP announced

- Supermassives new game announced

nnodley

Honestly I expect most all sony's first party games that are already announced to have release dates or release windows given.   Death Stranding probably not, and TLOU 2 is a maybe.

Kerotan

I just hope Sony have 1 new first party exclusive announced and 1 new third party AAA exclusive announced.

I'd also love to see MH5 ps4 announced.

Legend

Ok let's do this.

XBOX
  • Long Sea of Thieves demo showing different aspects of the game. Populated cities with NPC interaction. Available in early access in Feb 2018.
  • Long Crackdown 3 demo showing off a multiplayer match and a demo for the single player campaign. September release date announced.
  • Short State of Decay 2 demo with co-op. October release date announced.
  • Recore definitive edition announced. Includes most of the content that is missing from the current game. August release date.
  • Cuphead short trailer with release date. Also August.
  • Below not at the show in any fashion.
  • Ashen short gameplay demo and early 2018 date announced.
  • Minecraft DLC or something that takes up an annoyingly large amount of the show.
  • Halo Wars 2 DLC announced with a trailer.
  • Ori and the blind forest 2 announced with a trailer. First half of 2018 release announced, before next E3. Has a multiplayer component.
  • Studio Gobo announces an XBOX and windows 10 exclusive AA game. Release is fall 2018 but no details are given on a specific window. Think ReCore.
  • Forza 7 NOT announced. It'll not release this year, despite all the evidence saying the contrary.
  • Halo 6 NOT announced.
  • Assassin's Creed gameplay demo.
  • Shadow of Mordor 2 short trailer.
  • Scorpio is $499. Release date announced for late November. Official name is XBOX ONE X.
  • Scorpio VR functionality is shown off with a demo using Oculus Rift.

PlayStation
  • GOW demo and trailer. March 2018 release date announced.
  • Longer Days Gone demo/trailer that shows off the game's narrative more. No date.
  • Detroit trailer and September release.
  • Dreams demo showing game gameplay. August release.
  • Knack 2 demo showing the evolution of the game verse the first one. August release.
  • Crash not present. Too small of a game.
  • Spiderman trailer and October release.
  • GTS Sport release announced for early 2018.
  • Sucker Punch new game announced with demo. No date.
  • Call of Duty demo.

Nintendo
  • It's almost all just Mario Odyssey.
  • Xenoblade demo and release this year in Japan.
  • Smash Bros port announced.

SWORDF1SH

I hope Detroit releases September but I can't see it releasing this year. Easy next year maybe.

nnodley

I hope Detroit releases September but I can't see it releasing this year. Easy next year maybe.
It's possible given it will have been 2 years since it's reveal, I think.   Beyond came out in October 2013 so they could shoot for a septemer or October release again.

Raven

It's possible given it will have been 2 years since it's reveal, I think.   Beyond came out in October 2013 so they could shoot for a septemer or October release again.
Yeah. Detroit will have easily been in development for about 4 years now. Which is the same span of time between Heavy Rain and Beyond. I'm guessing we get a trailer showing a third and final playable character and then a release date of later this year.

SWORDF1SH

It's possible given it will have been 2 years since it's reveal, I think.   Beyond came out in October 2013 so they could shoot for a septemer or October release again.
I hope so but we've seen very little of it. We've only really seen that one scene that played out multiple ways.

Legend

We all were like 50% spot on.

Most predictions we got wrong were the ones we thought were safe bets lol

nnodley

Thats the most mind blowing thing about sony's e3 especially.  So many games have had multiple E3's and been in development for years and still have no firm release dates.

Xevross

Thats the most mind blowing thing about sony's e3 especially.  So many games have had multiple E3's and been in development for years and still have no firm release dates.
Yep, Sony have been announcing their games way too early this gen. I hope this e3 is a sign of them holding off and learning from that.

DerNebel

I'd call that more embarassing than mindblowing. I mean are we really supposed to expect Detroit not to release until 2019? Same with Days Gone, these games have no business taking that freaking long. Before E3 I would have bet that both these titles would come out before E3 2018. This is just absurd. I swear the world has another rant coming, should GT Sport drop out of 2017.

Legend

Pre E3 I remembered this post and totally expected the lack of first party stuff. I just didn't realise it'd be this extreme

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Originally Posted by Boke1879

Give me a poem, a tease...SOMETHING!

There once was a man from Nantucket
 Who saw our marketing schedule and said "fudge it"
 Show all that we know
 Makes for great shows
 Dreams 2.0, better lock it
 Off the top of my head. Eat that, marketing....

DerNebel

Yep, Sony have been announcing their games way too early this gen. I hope this e3 is a sign of them holding off and learning from that.
I mean they kinda did the thing with not announcing games too far out in 2014 and people, me included, certainly didn't find that conference too great. I think Sony took a lot of cues from that.

Xevross

I mean they kinda did the thing with not announcing games too far out in 2014 and people, me included, certainly didn't find that conference too great. I think Sony took a lot of cues from that.
They went too hard with it though. The last two conferences were insane, and as it turns out a lot of those announced games aren't even out yet. You could easily find at least 3 or 4 big games they announced in e3 2015/ 2016 that they could have saved for this year, so they had 3 great conferences in a row instead of this one being a bit of a let down. I'm thinking, FFVII remake, Death Stranding, Spiderman, Detroit etc.