I think this is the first E3 that I'm more excited to see gameplay than anything else

Started by Legend, May 28, 2017, 11:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

God of War, Dreams, Death Stranding, Mario Odyssey, Detroit, Days Gone, Sea of Thieves, etc. have all been announced and have shown a fair amount of stuff, yet I really want to see more of them. That's what I'm hyped for.

Doesn't feel like a lot of cool new games will be revealed and I'm kinda ok with that.

nnodley

I really hope Detroit gets a release for August or September.  But yeah I agree.  We've seen a decent amount for most, but still haven't even scratched the surface with them.

Raven

I think this is, thus far, the first E3 this generation that I am purely looking forward to on hype alone and not because I heard some things would be shown. Like, I feel like I am going into this E3 with almost no idea of what will be shown for sure. I'm finding that more exciting than being told by reliable sources "games X, Y, and Z will be shown". By the way, can we get a thread reiterating our stance on leakers like Shinobi and NerdLeaks right before a conference? I don't want someone jumping in to post a tweet from Shinobi that ruins things for us because someone here wants to feel like they're important by breaking news to us.

BasilZero

Probably the first E3 I'm not as excited for lol

Hopefully the announcements will change my mind.

DerNebel

Gameplay and dates are at the top for me too. Bloodborne 2 isn't appearing too likely and I didn't particularly like the last Sucker Punch game I played, which in fairness was only the first Infamous, so I'm not really seeing anything in particular to be announced right now that has me extremely excited.

Xevross

I think this will be the case amongst most Sony fans, due to Sony having lots of announced yet unreleased games. Not many of their studios are working on projects we don't know about now, so there isn't many possible exciting new announcements. Meanwhile, there'll be at least a few announced games that people really want to hear more about. I'm really excited to hear more/ see more on Spiderman, God of War, GT Sport, TLOU2, Detroit and Uncharted.

For others, they have a bit more potential to announce games and not many announced so the excitement is different.

As for third parties, the trend has definitely become to announce with a trailer before e3 before showing gameplay and more details at their show/shows. Because of this, there isn't going to be many big, exciting third party announcements. Its all going to be about gameplay. COD WW2, Battlefront 2, Destiny 2, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed, Red Dead etc. have already been announced

nnodley

I can't imagine Sucker Punch not announcing their new game.  It's been over 3 years since second son released.

Xevross

I can't imagine Sucker Punch not announcing their new game.  It's been over 3 years since second son released.
True, I'd be surprised if they don't. But apart from that there's only maybe one new first party game that could be announced.

Sony really needs to get releasing all of the games it has announced right now, they seem to have a policy of announcing games way too early this gen.

nnodley

True, I'd be surprised if they don't. But apart from that there's only maybe one new first party game that could be announced.

Sony really needs to get releasing all of the games it has announced right now, they seem to have a policy of announcing games way too early this gen.
Yeah on one had I like knowing what games they are working on.  But, then it just sucks waiting for the game.  Good thing is all these games should now be released within the next 2 years maybe 3.  Thats a lot of games over 3 years.

the-pi-guy

Yeah, most are announced.
What is Sony making?

PixelOpus, Sucker Punch seem due for something.  
Japan Studio is so huge, they could announce something.  

But short of third party something or other, or announcing a brand new studio with a game well under completion, there's not a lot of room.  Unless some studios are working on 2 games.  

Dr. Pezus

Feels like there will be less surprises than before

BasilZero

Sadly feels like it ;(

I hope we are wrong and more surprises will come out :O

Though the game I'm most hyped up from Sony is already in development so....not as much a surprise now, dont expect anything right now lol.

Xevross

In sony's conference for sure. We all know what they did in 2015 and last year was great with God of War, Spiderman, Days Gone, RE7, Death Stranding and others. I think the others, there's as much potential for surprises as the last few years

BananaKing

i think because we mostly know whats coming. most studios now have showed their cards, and we are just waiting to know more about the games they are working on. specially MS and Sony's first party studios. and third party now days have a habit of talking about their games before they are actually shown. Ubi did so with farcry 5 and the new AC for example. EA did that with Biowares new IP, Viscerals and Respawns Starwar's games and so on.

Horizon

Horizon has been my most anticipated game since 2014 leaks so I need a new game to capture my imagination in the same way, preferably a new I.P.

I am eager to see more of God Of War, Days Gone, Spiderman etc though.