Ask me anything about VizionEck Cube Royale

Started by Legend, May 22, 2017, 02:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Where come the name inspiration?
VizionEck has always kinda been what I wanted to name my company. I used to sell twisty puzzles under a similar name.

With game dev I needed a company name and VizionEck LLC was the surefire choice. The game back then was just Project Outline. Then once it ended up being a PS4 exclusive, I decided on Word 62 being the release name.

I switched it to VizionEck a few months later because some lore/plot changes made the old name obsolete. Also I liked the idea of the studio and game having matching names, similar to ICO.

Cube Royale was just something my brother came up with a short while ago. The modern game is so freaking different compared to the original concept so I was considering even getting rid of the VizionEck part, but that's staying for now.

BasilZero

Are you guys gonna ever make a RPG?

Legend

Well we have the forum RPG.

Besides that no.

the-pi-guy

I certainly hope so.

Oh wait, you weren't asking me...
I'll just let myself out.  

Well we have the forum RPG.

Besides that no.
You say that now, but wait a few years.  
You'll finally get sick of making puzzle games and want to do something different.  /s

Legend

I certainly hope so.

Oh wait, you weren't asking me...
I'll just let myself out.  
You say that now, but wait a few years.  
You'll finally get sick of making puzzle games and want to do something different.  /s
I don't plan to make any more puzzle games after VizionEck Adventure. It's more fun to hop from genre to genre.

the-pi-guy

I don't plan to make any more puzzle games after VizionEck Adventure. It's more fun to hop from genre to genre.
I'd ask what's next, but it's probably better as a surprise.  

Legend

I'd ask what's next, but it's probably better as a surprise.  
I don't have anything in pre-production, just a lot of potential ideas. It'll depend so much on how these first two games are received.

Most likely I'll also stick to working on a small and big project simultaneously. It'd be nice to release a game every 2 years or so.

ethomaz

It'd be nice to release a game every 2 years or so.
:-X

Go Up