Rumor: Far Cry 5 set in Wild West 19th Century (Kotaku: Montana, can't confirm rest)

Started by Legend, May 09, 2017, 08:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Rumor: Far Cry 5 set in Wild West 19th Century (Kotaku: Montana, can't confirm rest) - NeoGAF

/
The next Far Cry game looks like it's going to have a Spaghetti Western setting.

/
The setting of Far Cry 5, or whatever the next Far Cry game ends up being called, has apparently leaked online in the most unconventional way. Great Falls Tribune reported about a film crew shooting a live-action trailer for an unannounced game near a church in the Montana prairie. Jeff Guillot, a producer on the shoot, revealed to the paper that this is for a game to be released in September.

The more obvious franchise here is Far Cry. Early in 2015, Ubisoft polled players about several possible settings it could use for the next Far Cry game. "A game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the 19th century Americas" was one of those choices.

Source VGA247 Edit:
Originally Posted by FelipeMGM

OG Source is gaf actuallyhttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...958&highlight=

Send me to Kyrat if old.Update:
Originally Posted by jschreier

Hey - since my name has been attached to this thing, I just want to be clear: all I've heard is that the new Far Cry is set in Montana. I cannot confirm or deny anything "wild west" or "19th century," and all of that stuff actually feels like a big stretch from bottom-feeding rumor websites. I have no idea whether or not it's true.

BasilZero

Legend

I wonder if they'll ever make a outerspace one.
I'Ve never played a far cry game, but that sounds great.

FAr future crash on an alien planet or something.