WWG: Next Assasin's Creed Is Named Origins, Rumoured To Feature Naval Combat

Started by Legend, May 06, 2017, 11:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

WWG: Next Assasin's Creed Is Named Origins, Rumoured To Feature Naval Combat - NeoGAF

Our sources suggest that Origins is a vast open world experience taking place in ancient Egypt. The story is rumoured to revolve around the original assassin’s guild and will feature two main characters - a man and a woman.

Its structure is said to be less linear, featuring a character progression system less tied to the story. A development source we spoke to compared it numerous times to Bethesda’s Skyrim. They say that impressions of the project internally are so far positive.The game will apparently grant the player considerably more freedom, featuring a greater emphasis on exploration over previous entries in the series. One source tells us that this is the biggest Assassin’s Creed the company has ever created and is “huge” in scope. They say that it has been in development for “at least” several years now. Hopefully, it will benefit from this extended development cycle.
 Not only is Origins rumoured to boast an explorable ancient Egypt, players will also apparently be able to go beyond it - possibly even as far as Greece. We were told that boats will return in the game, allowing the player to sail the Mediterranean. Naval combat, naturally, is also said to be included.

More at the link:http://wwg.com/2017/05/06/next-assas...named-origins/

YAy!! I might buy it now. AC4 was great.

BasilZero

I wonder if it will involve the female assassin ancestor to Altair and Ezio mentioned in AC2 - that would mean Cleopetra will be the main villain :O (or one of the main villains)!

Raven

Sweet! The naval combat in Black Flag is what kept me playing that game long after I was bored with the rest of it.

nnodley

Still waiting for my present day AC game or at least a part of a game dealing with the adam and eve parts.

But this will do!!  I hope combat is tweaked for the better.

Legend

Still waiting for my present day AC game or at least a part of a game dealing with the adam and eve parts.

But this will do!!  I hope combat is tweaked for the better.
Watch Dogs you mean?

nnodley

Legend

Yeah, right.  Not even close to a modern AC I want.
WEll I don't know if the second was different, but the first was secretly all about Abstergo. Took place during AC4's modern sections.

Horizon

Xevross

Comparing it to Skyrim, more emphasis on exploration and freedom? Oh god this could go badly for me

Original Assassins and naval combat returning sound amazing. I hope they don't fudge it up.

BananaKing

just announce it already Ubisoft. you know what, fudge it, i dont care. announce Farcry 5 already.

nnodley

WEll I don't know if the second was different, but the first was secretly all about Abstergo. Took place during AC4's modern sections.
If the first was meant by Ubisoft to connect the two slightly, then the 2nd one takes the series into its own thing instead.  Though I actually really liked Aiden and having him be the modern day assassin to finish the AC present day stuff I would be down.  But that won't happen anyway.

Legend

nnodley

And on gaf it says there is gonna be modern day and then goes on to say no desmond miles.  So i wonder if that means we might get a much better modern day than the last 3-4 games with a new protagonist?  If it's just  like the same modern day we have been getting then I will be disappointed.