COD4 Remastered PC dead as a dodo

Started by Kerotan, May 05, 2017, 05:16 AM

previous topic - next topic

Kerotan

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Steam charts y'all.
 Anywhere from 30ish to 300 on any day for me :/
 195 right now, after they patched out the player count...

Once again another AAA blockbuster shooter is D.E.D. DEAD on pc. These type of games should only be bought on console.  

Xevross

Well it doesn't surprise me. The multiplayer has aged awfully, it really isn't very fun.

Dr. Pezus

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

Once again another AAA blockbuster shooter is D.E.D. DEAD on pc. These type of games should only be bought on console.  
Well I'm sure there are more playing the original.

Kerotan

Well it doesn't surprise me. The multiplayer has aged awfully, it really isn't very fun.
The multiplayer is actually still awesome.  massive numbers playing it on ps4.

The problem is these games don't do well on pc no more.  Battlefield hardline,  Battlefront,  call of duty to name s few all dead on pc but still very much alive on console.  

Xevross

The multiplayer is actually still awesome.  massive numbers playing it on ps4.

The problem is these games don't do well on pc no more.  Battlefield hardline,  Battlefront,  call of duty to name s few all dead on pc but still very much alive on console.  
Well I think it's shame so there you go ;D

I thought you couldn't even see the numbers on console

Ludicrous Speed

PC players have much better options. Like Battlegrounds.

Kerotan

Fans of these series have a much better option then pc.  Play these series on console.  You go with PC you'll end up playing online by yourself

BasilZero

May 06, 2017, 03:26 AM Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 03:39 AM by BasilZero
If I were to play CoD - I'll get it on PC.

Wouldnt touch MP to begin with on PS4 since you gotta pay for online MP, not that I would use it anyway on PC :P.

I'll eventually get CoD on PC...when I care enough to buy any of the games.

Also seems like 32,000 people were playing the OG version according to Steamspy in the last two weeks.

The remaster has sold 210,000 according to Steam Spy and there was actually 10,000 players in the last two weeks who were playing it. So I guess it was profitable for them considering it sold so many.

Either ways, Counter-Strike GO is way better than any of them in MP :P

Well I'm sure there are more playing the original.
Yep 32,000 on the original while 10,000 on the remastered per last two weeks.

Ludicrous Speed

10k = dead in a game with a max player count of what, 10? 12? lol

Bizarre definition of dead.

SWORDF1SH

30 to 300 seems ridiculously low. Can't be right! Right?

Legend

10k = dead in a game with a max player count of what, 10? 12? lol

Bizarre definition of dead.
Yeah it's bad for the publishers but not low enough to be that much of a problem for players.

Kerotan

30 to 300 seems ridiculously low. Can't be right! Right?
Pc gamers were crying on gaf about how dead it is on pc.  Many of the game modes are dead and they basically play against the same people over and over in the Peak hours in tdm/GW/SnD.

Sad to see such a classic go like this.  I'm playing this on ps4 a lot lately.  Servers are packed.  Over 5m people on the leaderboard.

BasilZero

Yeah it's bad for the publishers but not low enough to be that much of a problem for players.
I dont think they even care considering the fact that the MP hasnt been big for CoD since the PS2 era but they keep releasing each game regardless xD.

Kerotan

I dont think they even care considering the fact that the MP hasnt been big for CoD since the PS2 era but they keep releasing each game regardless xD.
Enough people are buying on pc to make it worth while for them.  Remember a lot of pc players probably bought it,  enjoyed the campaign then played the multiplayer for a few weeks or months before moving on.  

Now they've enjoyed themselves and Activision made some money but to the players left playing it or to those just buying it,  it sucks.  

I'm enjoying the hell out of cod4 on a daily basis. If the severs were as empty as the pc I'd feel angry and annoyed.

BasilZero

Enough people are buying on pc to make it worth while for them.  Remember a lot of pc players probably bought it,  enjoyed the campaign then played the multiplayer for a few weeks or months before moving on.  

Now they've enjoyed themselves and Activision made some money but to the players left playing it or to those just buying it,  it sucks.  

I'm enjoying the hell out of cod4 on a daily basis. If the severs were as empty as the pc I'd feel angry and annoyed.
Which is why I would never buy a game like that at full price specifically for that reason.

CoD barely goes on sale to begin with considering the cheapest that the first CoD game on PC has ever gone down in sale through a DD store front was $10.......

IsThereAnyDeal.com

Thats $10 for a game from 2003....ya....

But I guess I'll get it eventually, wouldnt mind trying it, not interested in MP though.