Sony FY2016 Earnings Announcement (60m PS4)

Started by ethomaz, Apr 27, 2017, 02:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

• Sony FY2016 Earnings Announcement: Apr 28, 2017, 06:00 AM End Countdown

BananaKing

So how much did they ship this quarter?

Legend

nnodley

I really don't see how anyone could have believed that based on the rate that PS4 has sold. I'm going to guess that by March 2019, it will be less than 10 million away from hitting the 100M club.
I could see it being less than ~5 million by then or close to ~5 million, honestly.

Kerotan

Pretty much a million per month.  I'd imagine April,  may and June will be a bit slower. They'll probably ship 2-2.5m nec quarter.  Depends if they're overshipped or not.

SWORDF1SH

Pretty much a million per month.  I'd imagine April,  may and June will be a bit slower. They'll probably ship 2-2.5m nec quarter.  Depends if they're overshipped or not.
I know there's talk of overshipping but if Sony have overshipped I thought they would of over the holiday period and the quarter they just reported would of been lower because stores still have holiday stock.

Xevross

I know there's talk of overshipping but if Sony have overshipped I thought they would of over the holiday period and the quarter they just reported would of been lower because stores still have holiday stock.
Well that's why its weird, They did overship in the holiday period. At the start of January they had over 3 million consoles in the channel, when it had been ~1.5m for the last couple of years. So either they're keeping a higher level of stock now or PS4 had a crazy 3 months.

ethomaz

Well that's why its weird, They did overship in the holiday period. At the start of January they had over 3 million consoles in the channel, when it had been ~1.5m for the last couple of years. So either they're keeping a higher level of stock now or PS4 had a crazy 3 months.
It was about 2m after holidays with one product... now there are two.

It is like a store that usually has 10 PS4 in stock add 5 Pro instead to have 5 PS4 + 5 Pro you have now 10 PS4 + 5 Pro... increase of 50% in inventory.

Go Up