previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Mmm_fish_tacos

Xevross

Anything good?

Ohhhhh in my veins.

Bring on the beta

Ludicrous Speed

No health regeneration in campaign apparently.

Still, will take an amaaaazing MP reveal for me to give any fudges.

Dr. Pezus

I would like to be able to play as the nazis in the campaign. We always see this from just one side, and mostly just the Americans (a lot less from the British and French for example). They need to shake up the formula somehow

Legend

I would like to be able to play as the nazis in the campaign. We always see this from just one side, and mostly just the Americans (a lot less from the British and French for example). They need to shake up the formula somehow
But like how would that work? I feel a game could only do that if the main character ends up defecting from the nazis or something.

ethomaz

Everybody back to CoD this year... hell yes.

nnodley

This has to be considered one of the best campaigns in the series for me to jump back in.  

Legend

This has to be considered one of the best campaigns in the series for me to jump back in.  
But the Infinite Warfare campaign was already considered one of the best  :P

BananaKing

i just cant get excited.

Xevross

Can confirm Infinite Warfare campaign was amazing. Up there with Black Ops and MW 1&2, easily.

the-pi-guy

Playing as Nazi:
Mission: kill a Jew
Mission: kill American soldiers

But like how would that work? I feel a game could only do that if the main character ends up defecting from the nazis or something.
The way that I could imagine it possibly working would be getting like cut scenes into how the Nazis were, but the gameplay part of it would basically just be the other side of the American campaign.
 Basically same campaign with a different costume, except the cut scenes would give some image of the Nazi's.  I don't know exactly what kind of image they could go for.  

But it feels like there's so much room for a PR nightmare that I can't imagine any big company or any sane person trying it out.  Unless they were like really really really flipping confident it wouldn't upset people.  

Xevross

The other COD games just show us the soldier's perspective. They don't show US high command or any of the leaders in the government, we just see officers and soldiers. The soldiers in the German army weren't Nazis and a lot of won't have liked their orders and would struggle to bring themselves to fight. I think it could be a really cool concept and it would easily work.

nnodley

Well I am considering buying it since I have heard good things about it.   Only when it's $20 or less.   8)

Raven

Apr 26, 2017, 08:46 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017, 08:52 PM by Raven
I can just see how British and French campaigns would play out.

Brits: You get kicked off the mainland and then dodge bombs from German planes for three missions until D-Day.
French: You surrender before you complete the first mission.

In all seriousness, Call of Duty 2 had a great campaign back in the day. The Russians, Americans, and British all got their time in the spotlight. I really can't remember how Call of Duty 3's campaign went and World at War... well... there really aren't any other perspectives to play from in the Pacific theater besides Japan and the US. Unless you want to be a Chinese victim.

the-pi-guy

French campaign:
*Starts*
 Press X to wave flag.
*The end*

Go Up