PlayStation Community Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 03, 2014, 03:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

DerNebel

Apr 12, 2017, 04:44 PM Last Edit: Apr 12, 2017, 04:47 PM by DerNebel
Isn't it weird how Scorpio has brought along this topic?

I think in a lot of ways it shows how PS4 pro failed with its imaging. E3 will be interesting to see if these thoughts die down or stay strong.
Yeah, it's because people take the Scorpio as something akin to a new generation, while the Pro is seen as a halfstep, though I'm assuming that those opinions will change closer to launch.

But I mean seriously the PS4 is just now really picking up steam with it's games in terms of frequency and quality and the only thing you can think about is going back to underdelivering launch window games and delays? Come on...

I mean we haven't even seen Vizionecks release yet. :P

Mmm_fish_tacos

Isn't it weird how Scorpio has brought along this topic?

I think in a lot of ways it shows how PS4 pro failed with its imaging. E3 will be interesting to see if these thoughts die down or stay strong.
Not really weird, its just fan boys being fanboys on both sides.

nnodley

Can people please stop talking about the PS5? Have all these people seriously already had their fill with the PS4 and feel the need to speculate about the next generation? I hope the PS5 doesn't come until 2020, since I'm personally far from done with my PS4.
Agree.  PS5 will be at the earliest 2019(doubtful) or at the latest 2021.  I do think 2020 seems best.  Sony are more than likely looking at scorpio and seeing things they themselves need to make sure they have in ps5.  Especially 12-16 GB of RAM.  

I do wonder if sony is taking a look at scorpio allowing older games to use the extra GPU as well as the CPU and maybe get something similar in the works for ps4 pro.  

nnodley

So now that Xbox has a refund system like steam, Sony fudgy better follow.  It should only be inevitable.  And let me fudgy cancel a preorder dang it!!

the-pi-guy

It'd be neat to have a "third party store" where people can post their "rights to their digital game" and transfer that to someone else for a few dollars.  

Legend

It'd be neat to have a "third party store" where people can post their "rights to their digital game" and transfer that to someone else for a few dollars.  

But the problem with that is there's no negative to buying a used game. A game sold for the first time and a game sold for the hundredth time would be of the same value to consumers. First time sales after release would be near non-existent.

the-pi-guy

But the problem with that is there's no negative to buying a used game. A game sold for the first time and a game sold for the hundredth time would be of the same value to consumers. First time sales after release would be near non-existent.
There is no degradation to digital copies, but even with physical copies, the amount of degradation of the actual disk is pretty low with Blu-ray disks. 

Horrible idea:

Randomly make "digital scratches" to games to produce the same wear and tear that physical media experiences. 

Legend

There is no degradation to digital copies, but even with physical copies, the amount of degradation of the actual disk is pretty low with Blu-ray disks.  

Horrible idea:

Randomly make "digital scratches" to games to produce the same wear and tear that physical media experiences.  
Yeah. Every time the game is resold, it gets more glitches!

DerNebel

So now that Xbox has a refund system like steam, Sony fudgy better follow.  It should only be inevitable.  And let me fudgy cancel a preorder dang it!!
Meh, it'd be a good feature, that I'd probably never use. Seriously stop pre-ordering people.

Also, this might mean something or not, who knows.

Ryan Penagos on Twitter: "https://t.co/4qUrTzAx41"

Dr. Pezus

Meh, it'd be a good feature, that I'd probably never use. Seriously stop pre-ordering people.

I've almost never pre-ordered. Don't get the point

Oh and who is that

DerNebel

I've almost never pre-ordered. Don't get the point
Oh and who is that
Social Media guy from Marvel, in some capacity involved with the Spider-Man game.

nnodley

Eh yeah I don't preorder much digitally unless I know for sure I want the game, but if the option is there it would be nice.  But a refund option definitely needs to happen.

Kerotan

I will continue to pre order digitally because I've never regretted a single digital pre order.  I'm very smart with my buys and never fall for hype.

Rorono

You can cancel PSN pre-orders

ethomaz

Go Up