Nintendo is Discontinuing the NES Classic in North America

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Apr 13, 2017, 10:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Mmm_fish_tacos

Nintendo is Discontinuing the NES Classic in North America#1
Nintendo will discontinue the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition and the last shipments will go out to retailers throughout this month.

A Nintendo representative provided the following statement to IGN:

"Throughout April, NOA territories will receive the last shipments of Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition systems for this year. We encourage anyone interested in obtaining this system to check with retail outlets regarding availability. We understand that it has been difficult for many consumers to find a system, and for that we apologize. We have paid close attention to consumer feedback, and we greatly appreciate the incredible level of consumer interest and support for this product."

Additionally, a representative told IGN, "NES Classic Edition wasn't intended to be an ongoing, long-term product. However, due to high demand, we did add extra shipments to our original plans." The company has no plans to produce more NES Classic systems for North America. This announcement includes the discontinuation of the NES Classic Controller. As for third party accessories, Nintendo said the decision whether or not to continue production of accessories will be up to each individual manufacturer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/...lassic-edition

Mmm_fish_tacos

WTF Nintendo, I feel that you hate money.

BananaKing

WTF Nintendo, I feel that you hate money.
because fudge the fans who have been begging Nintendo for them to actually ship some a decent number of units so they can buy this. Nintendo is just unbelievable at times.

Legend

because fudge the fans who have been begging Nintendo for them to actually ship some a decent number of units so they can buy this. Nintendo is just unbelievable at times.
And you expected Nintendo to ship a lot of switches, hahaha.

Mmm_fish_tacos

I got casual AF players at work. They look for this thing every time they go out. And now they'll never be able to get one. I feel this thing could out sell the game cube, then they go pull some stupid shame like this.

Aura7541

BananaKing

i honestly dont understand how their fans put up with this shame. if anything their policies and anti consumer antics make me never want to buy a nintendo product ever again. because i know i will constantly be getting the shaft if i ever return to becoming a fan.

darkknightkryta

A theory is they don't like the fact that it can be hacked.  Cause you know, they go on rampages to get sites to take down their roms only to download said roms.  Wouldn't be surprised of this thing never existed if it wasn't for emu sites.

Dr. Pezus

Didn't it launch recently lol?

DD_Bwest

holy shame  nintendo is dumb

Kerotan

They want to demand high so they can easily sell out the next batch in future whether that's a year or a few years.

the-pi-guy

Nintendo.
Are you kidding me?  
The only way this wouldn't be stupid is if they started selling an upgraded version for more a bit more.  

Seriously, this is "I hate money tier".

darkknightkryta

Don't worry everyone, someone already has a solution:

Xevross

I... can't even begin to understand why...

Oh Nintendo

Mmm_fish_tacos

Yep, my casual co workers are pretty pissed about this?