Vgchartz moderation system turning into gaf

Started by Kerotan, Apr 13, 2017, 05:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Kerotan

gamrConnect Forums - The Moderator Thread - Community Consultation: The Progressive Ban System

After much deliberation, we've decided that bringing back the Moderator thread is a good thing to do.  While there have been some challenges with it, it's a good way to engage with the community.

Those of you who have been around for a while will remember that there have been moderator threads in the past.  They've eventually been locked for various reasons.  To ensure that this thread is productive, some guidelines will be in place.

• We'll post topics for discussion and feedback in the title.  Discussion isn't limited to those topics by any means, but I appreciate it if you could spend some time on those topics.

•  
  • I'd like for this to be a discussion about moderation in general.  Things we should be moderating and things we shouldn't.  The overall direction.

•  
  • I'm not going to say don't complain about bans here because I get that people are going to want to do that, but if you're going to do that please ensure that you have a solid case.  You should also approach a head moderator first if you have an issue with a moderation.

•  
  • Disagreements between moderators must be handled between moderators directly or in mod chat.  Not here.

•  
  • The moderator thread tends to get a lot of posts directed at the mods.  It's a lot of volume to respond to.  There will be times when we won't have capacity to respond to everything.

•  
  • All of the regular rules apply in this thread.  There's no free pass to flame people here, even if it's in support of the mods. :)

•  
  • We reserve the right to ask specific individuals not to post in this thread.

•  
  • Please stay on topic.  If a discussion takes a tangent to something completely unrelated, it should probably move over to a new thread of its own.

•  
Cheers, and thanks for participating.

Look at the gymnastics the mod team is pulling over there because they're biased against me.  

It's ridiculous how contradictory they are. One set of rules for posters they like and another set for posters they don't.  No wonder the place is dying out.  

Mmm_fish_tacos

That place is a shame hole.  Let it go.

Legend

Well comparing the quality of discussion at both places, this is probably a great idea for the chertz.

That place is a shame hole.  Let it go.

Kerotan

Apr 13, 2017, 06:10 PM Last Edit: Apr 13, 2017, 10:54 PM by Kerotan
Lol and then Carl bans me for 2 weeks.  Dragging the sites already low standards into the shitter. 

I remember when they used to mock gaf feeling superior.  They've turned into them.

BTW even if that ban was legitimate I'd have been banned for 10 days.  But Carl jumps to 2 weeks with a perma ban warning. 

He's showing his bias and how he's not cut out for the job of mod. 

Ludicrous Speed

Got a very long, long way to fall before they reach GAF status, luckily.

DerNebel

@Legend: Since when did this forum start autoplaying videos?

@Thread: Totally with the mods on that one.

Legend

ANyone can make a video autoplay if they want.

ethomaz

The only issue with moderation in VGC is that mods are biased... so the same ban for one "team" won't happen for other "team".

Carl and Starcraft are basically fanboys with mod powers.

But the site is already dead due it mods issues for a long time already... so let it go.

Kerotan

Apr 13, 2017, 10:48 PM Last Edit: Apr 13, 2017, 11:00 PM by Kerotan
The only issue with moderation in VGC is that mods are biased... so the same ban for one "team" won't happen for other "team".

Carl and Starcraft are basically fanboys with mod powers.

But the site is already dead due it mods issues for a long time already... so let it go.
Yeah they're in the xbox fanboy chats and buddies with that whole crew.  it would be like making me or a few users on here mods.  We'd obviously be biased.  Notice how when Carl was cornered on the whole biased thing he writes a battleship reply with so many lies before ending it with "any more replies and you're banned" or something like that.

Why do you agree with it?  You don't have any clue what's going on.

----------------------

Lol Aura I'm not jumping on anybodys troat. It's nothing short of shocking what you've done.  My last few hundred posts and threads have been a great contribution to chartz. 

But certain users called me out in the mod thread and I stood up for myself with facts.  Carl couldn't handle that before writing a reply full of lies and untruths before abusing his position by banning me for 2 weeks. 

He basically baited me into replying again and that's why he lied. He knew I'd want to set the record straight.  I guess this is what happens when ioi goes inactive.  His forum gets sabotaged by users with an agenda. 

Sad day for chartz.

BasilZero

I agree, especially that n00blet Noble who gets conefished all the dang time!

You cant spell Nooblet without Noble.

Legend

I agree, especially that n00blet Noble who gets conefished all the dang time!

You cant spell Nooblet without Noble.
I don't even remember who nooblet is.

Aura7541

Lol Aura I'm not jumping on anybodys troat. It's nothing short of shocking what you've done.  My last few hundred posts and threads have been a great contribution to chartz.  

But certain users called me out in the mod thread and I stood up for myself with facts.  Carl couldn't handle that before writing a reply full of lies and untruths before abusing his position by banning me for 2 weeks.  

He basically baited me into replying again and that's why he lied. He knew I'd want to set the record straight.  I guess this is what happens when ioi goes inactive.  His forum gets sabotaged by users with an agenda.  

Sad day for chartz.
What I have done was under my own volition. I didn't disagree because the rest of the mod team told me to. I disagreed with your comments because from my observations, you kept making accusatory statements not just towards the mods, but regular users who were also vexed by your behavior. Whether Carl is a fanboy or not, that doesn't change my aforementioned assessment.

Sure, there were a few users who called for you to get outright banned. I get it. It's annoying. However, when you keep refusing to consider suggestions to tone your rhetoric down, it becomes more difficult to defend you.

BasilZero

I don't even remember who nooblet is.

LMAO

Thanks Legend ;D

ClassicGamingWizz

Worst than Gaf lol

Gaf is way worse and vgchartz moderation from 6 or 7 years ago was way worse.

IMO

Mmm_fish_tacos

Apr 13, 2017, 11:51 PM Last Edit: Apr 14, 2017, 12:09 AM by Mmm_fish_tacos
Well comparing the quality of discussion at both places, this is probably a great idea for the chertz.

Lol. I check this on my phone last and then came back to this thread after and it auto played. It's pretty funny that it's the theme song of this thread now.