NPD March 2017 Results (SW 906k 2nd Best Launch Ever, PS4 ~390k, XB1 > 225k)

Started by ethomaz, Apr 13, 2017, 01:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

the-pi-guy

Legend

the-pi-guy

Ghost Recon.

I assumed Gravity Rush at first  ::)
Oh yeah.
I thought Gravity Rush also.  

BananaKing

How the fudge did gr sell so much
Ubisofts marketing team are simply legendary. Watch dogs, the division and ghost recon are smash hits. For Honor did really well too.

Horizon

Horizon did amazing numbers  ;D Nier charting too! A really strong month all around and well deserved sales for many titles.

Xevross

How the fudge did gr sell so much
It's a great game for the mass market.

After seeing it's performance in the UK I'm not surprised by it's strong showing in the US.

Horizon is about what I expected considering the global sales

Great month overall, hopefully Switch can keep up it's momentum

BananaKing

im glad For Honor did so well. over 1.3 million in the US alone in two months is fantastic for a new IP. hopefully this game can reach at least 3 million sales world wide at the very least. i put over 60 hours into it already, and loving it. i hope its successful enough to warrant a sequel.

Legend

im glad For Honor did so well. over 1.3 million in the US alone in two months is fantastic for a new IP. hopefully this game can reach at least 3 million sales world wide at the very least. i put over 60 hours into it already, and loving it. i hope its successful enough to warrant a sequel.
It feels so much like the first Titanfall.

So much potential that could really be delivered with a sequel.

BananaKing

It feels so much like the first Titanfall.

So much potential that could really be delivered with a sequel.
honestly its a great game. the issue is Ubisoft them selfs. their servers suck, even though i been warned. and they are rather slow with the updates. they are improving though. i do have some issues with balancing and wish some quirks would be ironed out. but over all its a great game. i have yet to play the single player. but over all, it doesnt seem like an unfinished game or bare bones. it has enough content and depth to justify it. so i disagree with the titanfall analogy. they are going to add 6 more characters, at least 1 more mode from what i understand, and new maps as time goes by. with those all there the game will be bursting with content. and the new content is all free. and with the new updates they made to obtaining the in game currency, unlocking those new content shouldnt be really much of a problem.

Legend

honestly its a great game. the issue is Ubisoft them selfs. their servers suck, even though i been warned. and they are rather slow with the updates. they are improving though. i do have some issues with balancing and wish some quirks would be ironed out. but over all its a great game. i have yet to play the single player. but over all, it doesnt seem like an unfinished game or bare bones. it has enough content and depth to justify it. so i disagree with the titanfall analogy. they are going to add 6 more characters, at least 1 more mode from what i understand, and new maps as time goes by. with those all there the game will be bursting with content. and the new content is all free. and with the new updates they made to obtaining the in game currency, unlocking those new content shouldnt be really much of a problem.
THe sp is super bare bones. It's just mp maps with cutscenes. That's what I was meaning with TF.

ethomaz

OMG I lived a lie since 2013.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results For March 2017 (Up2: Year to date charts, platform specific charts)

Originally Posted by Celine

Was Switch HW opening month bigger than XBO one as implied or is it an error?

No it is not an error. Currently Switch is the No. 2 debut platform since our records (1995) beating the XBO.

XB1 NPD November launch numbers < 906k.

Looks like NPD did adjustments to the numbers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234356837&postcount=377

Dr. Pezus

OMG I lived a lie since 2013.

NeoGAF - View Single Post -  NPD Sales Results For March 2017 (Up2: Year to date charts, platform specific charts)
No it is not an error. Currently Switch is the No. 2 debut platform since our records (1995) beating the XBO.

XB1 NPD November launch numbers < 906k.

Looks like NPD did adjustments to the numbers.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=234356837&postcount=377
Wasn't it >1m before??

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

Ah, it's a classic

So most likely not a huge difference between the two consoles
Yeap. it could be around 900k yet but below Switch.

Go Up