NPD March 2017 Results (SW 906k 2nd Best Launch Ever, PS4 ~390k, XB1 > 225k)

Started by ethomaz, Apr 13, 2017, 01:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Legend

The > 500k for first week in NA is real and come from Nintendo.
55m PS4 is real too and come from Sony.

Just these two are official... the rest is speculation by the writer.
SOurces?

MY 500k prediction is not looking good.

ethomaz

Apr 14, 2017, 12:26 AM Last Edit: Apr 14, 2017, 12:30 AM by ethomaz
Nintendo Switch, the new home gaming system that people can also take on the go, has sold faster in its launch month than any other video game system in Nintendo history. The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States. That makes Nintendo Switch one of the fastest-selling video game systems of all time. Notably, this sales surge was accomplished in a nontraditional month for a console launch.

The Nintendo Switch system sold more than 906,000 units in March, according to the NPD Group, which tracks video game sales in the United States.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild game sold over 1.3 million units*. That total includes more than 925,000 units sold for Nintendo Switch and nearly 460,000 units sold for the Wii U console.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170413006259/en/Nintendo-Switch-Fastest-Selling-Video-Game-System-Nintendo

Mmm_fish_tacos

Kerotan

Ps4 #1 home console again.  Nice.  

Switch had a great launch.  The age of the hybrid is upon us.  

Any word on how much the ps4 beat the xbox by?

Legend

WEll I was a bit on the low side. That's gteat!

nnodley

WEll I was a bit on the low side. That's gteat!
Yeah and considering it's pretty much been sold out since week 1.  I really hope it does well going forward as well so it can get better support.

the-pi-guy

Apr 14, 2017, 01:56 AM Last Edit: Apr 14, 2017, 02:02 AM by the-pi-guy
Really fantastic.  
-Holding up well on Amazon.
-Still selling out
-pretty much sold what it shipped

I expect it to come ahead of the Wii U pretty quick, maybe in the first year.  

Over 100% attachment rate for Zelda.  

Good games pay off, eh Nintendo.

Also, Switch outsold the Wii U's launch holiday.  
NeoGAF - View Single Post -  Nintendo Switch Becomes the Fastest-Selling Video Game System in Nintendo History

Originally Posted by Smasher89

Didnt the Wii u had good numbers at the start too? That said, they did ship alot more consoles early this time.

Nov '12: 425K Dec '12: 463K Jan '13: 57K <- sharp sales collapse Feb '13: 66K Mar '13: 68K Apr '13: 37K May '13: 33K

Aura7541

Major props to Nintendo. I had my reservations when I saw the initial conference, but it looks like the Switch will be a viable platform.

Legend

Over 100% attachment rate for Zelda.
That has to be a record. Cool how pre-release we were speculating this was happening based off Amazon sales. Shocked it kept up for the whole month though.

ethomaz

They clarified the over 100% attach rate after being asked about a typo.

That means that Nintendo sold more of this game for Nintendo Switch than it sold Nintendo Switch systems, for an attach rate of more than 100 percent. This may be attributed to people who purchased both a limited edition of the game to collect and a second version to play.

Xevross

Wow that is an excellent number for Switch. Let's hope it can carry this momentum forwards!

Dr. Pezus

Nintendo failed with stock again but gr at results regardless

ethomaz

*** denotes lack of digital sales in ranking

ethomaz

Nintendo Switch drives March games sales to $1.36B in US - NPD | GamesIndustry.biz

Added notes.

• Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the best ever Ghost Recon launch, and second best Tom Clancy launch after The Division.
  • In reference to franchises: "Zelda is the top-selling property of all time within the Adventure super genre, selling 54 percent more revenue than the next best-selling franchise, Resident Evil."
  • "Switch's packaged software sold 1.3m units, a record high for a Nintendo platform launch."
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda had the second best launch behind Mass Effect 3.
  • Horizon was the best Guerrilla debut ever, selling twice as much as their second best debut, Killzone: Shadow Fall.
  • 1-2 Switch made the top 20 best-selling games chart with an attach rate of 19 percent.
  • Starting next month, Microsoft's digital sales will be reflected in the software charts.
  • We'll get a full year to date chart soon, but Ghost Recon is #1 for the year, For Honor is #2, and Zelda is #3 combining Switch and Wii U versions.

nnodley

So taking those stats into account what can we estimate andromeda being at.  And what did shadow fall debut at?

Go Up