NPD March 2017 Results (SW 906k 2nd Best Launch Ever, PS4 ~390k, XB1 > 225k)

Started by ethomaz, Apr 13, 2017, 01:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Linked Events

Go Down

Xevross

It had a whole month. You guys are crazy thinking it sold 500k or 600k. It sold more than the Wii in its first week. And it had a whole month.

Honestly if it's sub 1 million then it's a huge flop in my book. PS4 sold 1 million in one day. This thing had a full month
I said 800k actually.

Nintendo had 2 million to ship WW for the fiscal year. Unless they sent a massive proportion of that stock to the US, they didn't sell 1 million. I thought I was being optimistic tbh

BananaKing

Apr 13, 2017, 09:09 PM Last Edit: Apr 13, 2017, 09:12 PM by BananaKing
Nintendo didn't have stock for 1 million in US... they probably shipped 2m this fiscal year WW.
Their forecast was 2 million. They could, and should have exceeded that

I said 800k actually.

Nintendo had 2 million to ship WW for the fiscal year. Unless they sent a massive proportion of that stock to the US, they didn't sell 1 million. I thought I was being optimistic tbh
Well i lumped you guys together so i wasn't talking about you specifically.

2 million just seems too low. And considering Nintendo's presence isn't Europe is that strong in a lot of countries, they should have shipped more to the USA.

Dr. Pezus

ethomaz

Apr 13, 2017, 09:43 PM Last Edit: Apr 13, 2017, 09:58 PM by ethomaz
Their forecast was 2 million. They could, and should have exceeded that
That can be true but I have my doubts due some shipment evidences...

Japan W0: 400k shipped
Japan W1: 50k shipped
Japan W2: 50k shipped
Japan W3: 50k shipped
Japan W4: 50k shipped

That in line for a 600k shipment in March for Japan alone... that means the actual Nintendo shipment is pretty low and possible less than 200k WW per week based in theses 50k.

That said that is the actual shipment WW for Switch in my view:

W0: 1200k
W1: 200k
W2: 200k
W3: 200k
W4: 200k

Even if the numbers are not exactly that... I don't believe my estimate is off by 50k in any week... 2m is pretty safe right now and I believe even 2.5m is possible but more than that it is really hard.

With the actual stock situation in US I believe they shipped less than 800k for there this fiscal year.

ethomaz

BananaKing

So switch is sub 1 million. That's bad.

I really hope we get PS4 numbers. I think they can be rather impressive due to the software that came out

ethomaz

Speculation from the site based in old PRs for NA... that site didn't have the numbers.

Xevross

I really hope we get PS4 numbers. I think they can be rather impressive due to the software that came out
I think you're only the only person calling sub 1 million bad. They sold what they shipped and its still selling really well.

ethomaz

MS PR.

BananaKing

Apr 13, 2017, 10:06 PM Last Edit: Apr 13, 2017, 10:09 PM by BananaKing
I think you're only the only person calling sub 1 million bad. They sold what they shipped and its still selling really well.
i dont see how sub 1 million is good. if its launch week, sure, but for an entire month? if its around the 500k mark then i really dont see how thats good.

MS couldnt even stick to march. they had to use the full quarter, even when it came to their meaningless MAU metric. their PR are really hitting the bottom of the barrel.

ethomaz

Guys the numbers from the site are speculations... not real numbers.

Even the 28m for XB1 is just speculation based on Chartz.

Xevross

Guys the numbers from the site are speculations... not real numbers.

Even the 28m for XB1 is just speculation based on Chartz.
We're not using any numbers from the site?

BananaKing

so the numbers are bogus. sigh. guess we will have to wait some more till we get actual numbers

Nintendo should give a PR statement considering this is the first month for the switch. so i hope we hear one from them soon

ethomaz

We're not using any numbers from the site?
The > 500k for first week in NA is real and come from Nintendo.
55m PS4 is real too and come from Sony.

Just these two are official... the rest is speculation by the writer.

Xevross

The > 500k for first week in NA is real and come from Nintendo.
55m PS4 is real too and come from Sony.

Just these two are official... the rest is speculation by the writer.
I thought this was obvious? I was just questioning why Banana thought <1m would be bad :D

Go Up