All Half-Life Writers Have Left Valve

Started by Legend, May 03, 2017, 01:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

All Half-Life Writers Have Left Valve - NeoGAF

http://www.pcmag.com/news/353428/all...ave-left-valve
The question Valve must be very tired of still hearing 12 years after the launch of Half-Life 2 is, when will Half-Life 3 be released? It's likely never going to happen, or at least not until Gabe Newell decides it is going to happen. And if it does happen, Valve is going to need some fresh writing talent as it now has no primary writers with Half-Life experience left.Writer Chet Faliszek, who worked on Half-Life 2: Episode One and Episode Two, as well as Portal, Portal 2, the Left 4 Dead games, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Dota 2, has left Valve after 12 years of service.

Faliszek's decision to leave Valve is significant because he was the last of the Half-Life writers at the company. Eric Wolpaw left in February, and Marc Laidlaw left in January 2016. If Half-Life 3 is going to happen, then new writing talent will be required. I'm sure Valve won't have any trouble filling that position if indeed it ever ends up existing.

I have no hope left.

darkknightkryta

I never played either to care  ::)

Legend

I never played either to care  ::)
High Five!

Half life wasn't ever that great to me either.

darkknightkryta

High Five!

Half life wasn't ever that great to me either.
I was gonna rant about how the little bit I played, I didn't like and its style pf story telling has ruined cutscenes in video games to this day.  But I probably would have been grilled to death.

Dr. Pezus

I just don't get it. They'd make so much money

BasilZero

Half-Life? More like No life :P