Microsoft to offer Self-Service Refunds for Xbox One & Win10

Started by Legend, Apr 12, 2017, 08:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Microsoft to offer Self-Service Refunds for Xbox One & Win10 - NeoGAF

/

Announcement posted in the Insider dashboard for what seems Alpha ring testers. Likely to launch soon.
You’ve spoken; we’ve listened. In support of offering gamers the freedom of choice, we’re making changes to the Microsoft Store purchase experience by offering customers a simple way to instantly return digital products like games and apps through account.microsoft.com.
 When a game or app leaves you wanting more, we're here to help. Self-service refunds on Xbox One and Windows 10 provide a quick, simple way of returning a digital product.
 To request a self-service refund:
 1. Navigate to account.microsoft.com and sign-in.
 2. From the top menu bar, select Payment & billing > Order history.
 3. Navigate to a purchased game or app, and select Request a refund.
 Please note the below conditions for requesting a self-service refund:
 • Games and apps are eligible for self-service refunds within 14 days of purchase if you have less than 2 hours of play time across all accounts.
 • DLC, season passes, and add-ons are not eligible for self-service refunds.
 • The game or app must be downloaded and launched before requesting a self-service refund.
 • You must wait for at least 1 day after the game or app's release before requesting a self-service refund.
 • Certain Windows 10 apps may not be eligible for self-service refunds.
 • Microsoft reserves the right to block access for users who abuse self-service refunds.

Image credit: Xbox Reddit

NICE!

ethomaz

That is a good feature... that way all games is like a sub 2 hours Demo.

The only question is if I play the game offline on XB1 it will count these 2 hours?

Legend

That is a good feature... that way all games is like a sub 2 hours Demo.

The only question is if I play the game offline on XB1 it will count these 2 hours?
PRobably. Can't imagine it not tracking playtime.

ethomaz

Apr 12, 2017, 11:29 PM Last Edit: Apr 12, 2017, 11:31 PM by ethomaz
PRobably. Can't imagine it not tracking playtime.
Yes it track the playtime but the store didn't know that until receive the update.

You can use the system that way...

1. Buy the game and download it.
2. Play and finish it only offline.
3. Before go online again ask refund via web store.

It is just a way to trick the system... there are others... it was a non issue with the always online of original XB1 which required you to go online to validate the game licenses for the next 24 hours.

Legend

Apr 12, 2017, 11:41 PM Last Edit: Apr 12, 2017, 11:49 PM by Legend
Yes it track the playtime but the store didn't know that until receive the update.

You can use the system that way...

1. Buy the game and download it.
2. Play and finish it only offline.
3. Before go online again ask refund via web store.

It is just a way to trick the system... there are others... it was a non issue with the always online of original XB1 which required you to go online to validate the game licenses for the next 24 hours.
Oh I didn't think about requesting a refund on a device different than the one you played on. Hopefully they thought about that.

edt: oh it's really simple. Just offer the refund and then in the future when they put their xbox back online, notice the discrepancy and ban them from future refunds.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It will work lile steam, they'll validate hours playes before a refund is issued.

Ludicrous Speed

This is a good feature. I can name 3 Ubisoft titles I would have gotten refunds on, and probably Destiny.

Actually I'd have probably kept vanilla, but that 2016 Collection I bought and fired up once, yes please.

Legend

This is a good feature. I can name 3 Ubisoft titles I would have gotten refunds on, and probably Destiny.

Actually I'd have probably kept vanilla, but that 2016 Collection I bought and fired up once, yes please.
Wait did you prefer vanilla vs the changes or what?

Ludicrous Speed

I played too much vanilla Destiny to get a refund. The 2016 Collection was on he holiday sale and I bought it, loaded it once. There's just too much shame that has changed.

BananaKing

Oh I didn't think about requesting a refund on a device different than the one you played on. Hopefully they thought about that.

edt: oh it's really simple. Just offer the refund and then in the future when they put their xbox back online, notice the discrepancy and ban them from future refunds.
or even more simpler. just say that their refund will be confirmed once they have their xbox connect online.

ethomaz

or even more simpler. just say that their refund will be confirmed once they have their xbox connect online.
Good points.

SWORDF1SH

This is great. Sony you need to also do this. It should be a feature that companies selling digital software should be made use.