(RUMOR) Scorpio may cost $500

Started by Raven, Mar 29, 2017, 04:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

It sounds like the ability to stream and capture 4K video might jump the price up from what some are expecting.

ethomaz

XB1 only stream at 720p???

Ludicrous Speed

Up to $500?

So theoretically it could cost $4.24

Aura7541

That's pretty... high.

BananaKing

That's just too much for this thing to make a difference. If this is 500$, it will likely go up against a 350$ pro, and a 250$ PS4. Hell, if Sony has the same pricing tactic they had for the past two years, then PS4 will be 200$ during the holidays.

SWORDF1SH

The hardcore fanbase that this console is aimed at will buy it for $500.

nnodley

Mar 29, 2017, 07:11 PM Last Edit: Mar 29, 2017, 07:13 PM by nnodley
MS should just give up if they do this.  They never learn.  PS4 pro didn't set the world on fire with sales at $400 and this will do even worse probably.  Could be pleasantly surprised cause they can make it seem like brand new console and not just one that plays Xbox One games at 4k but it's really only the latter.

ethomaz

The hardcore fanbase that this console is aimed at will buy it for $500.
I believe it will sell less than Pro...

Actual XB1 S will be the best seller SKU from Xbox One family.

Ludicrous Speed

I believe it will sell less than Pro...

Actual XB1 S will be the best seller SKU from Xbox One family.
Doesn't everyone expect it to sell less than the Pro? The base PS4 outsells the base Xbox One. It's only logical that the enhanced PS4 would outsell the enhanced Xbox One.

SWORDF1SH

Doesn't everyone expect it to sell less than the Pro? The base PS4 outsells the base Xbox One. It's only logical that the enhanced PS4 would outsell the enhanced Xbox One.

That's a very simple way of looking at it. Too simple, we all know nothing is as straight forward as only looking at one factor.

Legend

I Bet it's $499. Why try to compete with Pro on price when it's a losing battle. Instead go premium like xbox elite. Sell less but have better margins.

PLus scorpio doesn't need to worry about install base. It'll get all xbo games anyway

Raven

I Bet it's $499. Why try to compete with Pro on price when it's a losing battle. Instead go premium like xbox elite. Sell less but have better margins.

PLus scorpio doesn't need to worry about install base. It'll get all xbo games anyway
It's silly to worry about the competition at this point, like you said. Both PS4 and XBO are less than a year away from approaching their twilight years. There's not nearly enough time to make up the 30 million difference in global sales even if Scorpio somehow changed Microsoft's fortunes. Sell the device at a price that won't lose you money, market it for a hardcore crowd (there's millions of them), and just plan for the next generation.