E3 2017 countdown

Started by Legend, Feb 26, 2017, 05:15 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

I added a poll.

Please also post the reasoning for your answer.

the-pi-guy

I expect Playstation.  

PC conferences have generally not been that good.  Bad/different type of presentation, and not always very much to get excited about.  EA conferences have some decent stuff, but they generally have a lot of sports stuff...  

Bethesda could have a great conference, with a TES VI, and possibly two other big games.  

Ubisoft generally does good.  I'd put them in a similar boat to Bethesda.  

I'm not expecting much from MS or Nintendo.  MS has very little in the way of studios...  As for Nintendo, they could have one of the best or worst conferences depending on what they bring.   They haven't really brought their A game for a few years though.  

They could totally have an amazing conference, but I don't know if they know how to do that anymore....  

Which leaves Sony.  I'm expecting more AAA titles from them.  Unnanounced and announced.  

DerNebel

I voted PC Gaming.... for no reason at all.

BananaKing

for their fans? Nintendo.

for fudges sake, last year they didnt even have a show, showed only one game that was already announced. and they lost their shame and we had people say they "won E3"

but who is going to have the most content and biggest announcements?

well Sony is going in guns blazing. we will probably see The Last of Us 2. God of War, Days Gone, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Detroit, Sucker Punch's new IP, and maybe (hopefully) bloodborne 2. add to that 3rd party games, which i know "dont count" for many, because for some reason E3 is about exclusives. but for me the only game i could ever care about more than RDR2 is The Witcher 4. so yeah, RDR2 is a huge deal for me. and we might get even more announcements on stage. i know most of these games will also be on Xbox, but they wont be on Switch. which should be taken into consideration when comparing it to Nintendo

EA, Ubi and Bathesda will always lose to Xbox and PS. as what ever they announce, its most likely going to be on their consoles. so they cant really win

as for Xbox. i expect Crackdown to be shown, with "impressive tech", but not so impressive everything else. Sea of Theives always looked super dull to me, and it doesnt seem to excite many others, even a good portion of hardcore xbox fans dont seem to care. Halo 6 will be announced, but Halo isnt what it used to be, and 343i doesnt seem to be able to excite with halo like Bungie did. Forza 7 will be there, and well i cant see that surprising anyone or turning the tides in Xbox's favor. Scorpio will be a big part of their E3. "true native 4k" will be thrown out a lot. but without software, the hardware will feel not that important. it will excite many, but ultimatly i feel if sony does have an impressive show like they did the past 2 years, then a lot of xbox fans will feel like MS needs to improve with their game offerings

Nintendo. well their last two E3's were shame. and basically showed nothing. the past few years with the WiiU were baron, and its obvious they moved everything to the switch. they will show off Arms, Splatoon, Mario, and xenoblade 2. Pikmin 4 will most likely be announced, and Retro's game most likely revealed as well. i dont know how they cant have a good show when they have basically had nothing for years.

i think its between Nintendo and Sony, as both fans will like what both companies have to show. but overall i think Sony will have a better show, and considerably more content when you take into consideration that majority of 3rd party games arent coming to the switch.

Legend

I expect Frontier to announce their next game at or around E3. Lots of people expect it to be a Jurassic Park game since they announced it'd use a big hollywood franchise.

nnodley

I wonder how having just one huge conference would be with the big 3 and maybe some publishers.  Actually show some unity in the industry and show the fanboys they don't give a shame about their crazy console wars!   I know it would never happen, but it would be cool

Horizon

Is it me or are there not many rumours for E3 this year? Last year there were way more leaks and rumours. I know it's only April but still last year had way more talk about E3 it seems.

Legend

Is it me or are there not many rumours for E3 this year? Last year there were way more leaks and rumours. I know it's only April but still last year had way more talk about E3 it seems.
It's still pretty early. Last year felt the same way up until the very end. Also looking back over it, so many leaks from last year weren't announced.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It's still pretty early. Last year felt the same way up until the very end. Also looking back over it, so many leaks from last year weren't announced.
Are you talking to yourself?

Kerotan

fudge leaks.  They just spoil the party.  And yeah it's very close now.  

Right now I'd love far cry 5 and black flag 2 in Egypt and the surrounding Mediterranean to be announced.  

Most of Sony's games shown and a new game or two.

As for MS. If sea of thieves and crackdown bomb they will be on the worst run of any of the big 3 ever.  The heads at MS will probably only approve big budgets for titles like hski, Forza and gears.

DerNebel

Apr 21, 2017, 12:39 AM Last Edit: Apr 21, 2017, 12:53 AM by Legend
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/66jbww/rumour_sony_is_making_another_2d_4player/

Since someone was asking for leaks/rumours (then again this is just 4chan so it's not unlikely to be total BS)

Legend

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/66jbww/rumour_sony_is_making_another_2d_4player/

Since someone was asking for leaks/rumours (then again this is just 4chan so it's not unlikely to be total BS)
Aloy will be in it for sure.

Maybe an Until Dawn person too.

the-pi-guy

Please please!  

Also would be awesome to have
 a Bloodborne character.  

Horizon

Aloy will be in it for sure.

Maybe an Until Dawn person too.
I would add Knack, Spiderman and maybe Trico. They could have a really cool cast of characters now.

BananaKing

I would add Knack, Spiderman and maybe Trico. They could have a really cool cast of characters now.

Delsin
Joel
Cole
Aloy
The Hunter ( Bloodborne)
Sackboy
Kratos
Sam or Chloe (from uncharted)
19 year old Ellie
Sweet Tooth
Jack (from Jack and daxter)
Ratchet
Deacon ( Days Gone)
Norman Readus ( well his character from Death Standing)
Sly (fom Sly Cooper)
Knack (for some reason this character is alive)
Crash (with the remake coming up, it should be easier to include him)
The Chick from Neir
Radec (Killzone)
Spiderman (they should be able to get him, too)
and id personally like galahad from The Order 1886, though i doubt that would happen

also Until Dawn spoilers but
Spoiler for Hidden:
Wendigo from until Dawn

so yeah, i think that would be a pretty good lineup.

though if they are gonna do something like this, id really like it to be a 3D brawler type game like For Honor or GoW:A's online mode.

Go Up