Go Down

BananaKing

They probably don't...
Halo 6
Forza
Crackdown
Sea of Thieves
Minecraft

That's what I can think of. I think they will have a third part money hat in there as well

Xevross

Halo 6
Forza
Crackdown
Sea of Thieves
Minecraft

That's what I can think of. I think they will have a third part money hat in there as well
If they knew they were going to have a crazy e3 I can't see why they'd have downsized. They'll have probably a couple more stuff than that but that's about it.

darkknightkryta

Halo 6
Forza
Crackdown
Sea of Thieves
Minecraft

I doubt any third party will want to do business with them right now.  All their money hats have been huge failures.

Xevross

I doubt any third party will want to do business with them right now.  All their money hats have been huge failures.
Well we don't know how much Microsoft paid these companies for the exclusivity. I wouldn't be surprised to see some 3rd party exclusives, still, but I'm not expecting any companies to be too willing. They'll ask for a large amount of money, that's for sure.

On top of that, Phil has said he wanted to focus on first parties. So its quite unlikely they'll get any on the scale of Scalebound or Sunset Overdrive in the future I think

Legend

Halo 6
Forza
Crackdown
Sea of Thieves
Minecraft

Well going off Google you're missing State of Decay 2.

Wait, does XBOX really only have 3 announced exclusives?
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2

That's incredibly low. I'm pretty sure it's the lowest it's ever been in XBOX history.

After launch:
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Titanfall
Kinect Sports Rivals
D4
Project Spark
Fable Legends

Pre E3 2014:
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
D4
Project Spark
Fable Legends

Pre E3 2015:
Halo 5
Quantum Break
Fable Legends
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
Forza 6
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Pre E3 2016:
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2

Pre E3 2017 probably:
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2

I'm sure I've missed something but in general XBOX has half the announced games this year than they did every other year. How has nobody realised the 50% decrease in games? Meanwhile this year MS has 50% less floor space at E3 than usual. Statistically unlikely to be a coincidence.

Do they just not have much for 2017?

the-pi-guy

Just for fun, taking out all the games that came/are coming to PC:

After launch:
Sunset Overdrive
Kinect Sports Rivals

Pre E3 2014:
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive

Pre E3 2015:
Halo 5

Pre E3 2016:

Pre E3 2017 probably:

DerNebel

Well going off Google you're missing State of Decay 2.

Wait, does XBOX really only have 3 announced exclusives?
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2

That's incredibly low. I'm pretty sure it's the lowest it's ever been in XBOX history.

After launch:
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Titanfall
Kinect Sports Rivals
D4
Project Spark
Fable Legends

Pre E3 2014:
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
D4
Project Spark
Fable Legends

Pre E3 2015:
Halo 5
Quantum Break
Fable Legends
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
Forza 6
Rise of the Tomb Raider

Pre E3 2016:
Crackdown 3
Scalebound
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Gears of War 4
Halo Wars 2

Pre E3 2017 probably:
Crackdown 3
Sea of Thieves
State of Decay 2

I'm sure I've missed something but in general XBOX has half the announced games this year than they did every other year. How has nobody realised the 50% decrease in games? Meanwhile this year MS has 50% less floor space at E3 than usual. Statistically unlikely to be a coincidence.

Do they just not have much for 2017?

Well to be fair, they also have some stuff like Gigantic, Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince Remaster announced.

Also MS doesn't have a major game currently announced that's not at least aiming at 2017.

Realistically Forza 7 will still be announced for this year, probably at E3. Halo 6 seems like a lock as well and a sequel to Ori and the blind forest was leaked last year already so I'm guessing this'll come at this years E3 too.

The question is this: Do we really think MS would go into 2018 with only Halo 6 and Ori 2 announced for the year (and then later on add Forza Horizon 4)? I don't know about you guys but to me this sounds absolutely insane, they have to have something else cooking up that we just can't foresee yet.

darkknightkryta

Well to be fair, they also have some stuff like Gigantic, Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince Remaster announced.

Also MS doesn't have a major game currently announced that's not at least aiming at 2017.

Realistically Forza 7 will still be announced for this year, probably at E3. Halo 6 seems like a lock as well and a sequel to Ori and the blind forest was leaked last year already so I'm guessing this'll come at this years E3 too.

The question is this: Do we really think MS would go into 2018 with only Halo 6 and Ori 2 announced for the year (and then later on add Forza Horizon 4)? I don't know about you guys but to me this sounds absolutely insane, they have to have something else cooking up that we just can't foresee yet.
I doubt it.  Without Moore pushing, Microsoft has tightened the purse.  

On another note, I want them to announce a Bink HD Collection ... for PC as well  8)

BasilZero

Excited for E3 to be honest.

Its gonna be a blank state for me.

By the time E3 comes by - almost all of the games I've been waiting for the past 3 years will be out.

-Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
-Yooka-Laylee (PC)
-Persona 5 (PS4)
-The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU)
-Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5
-Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Hoping for some nice announcements of new games......

Raven

Feb 27, 2017, 05:47 AM Last Edit: Feb 27, 2017, 07:09 AM by Raven

Gigantic has more or less already released. It's been in open beta for some time now. Games like that which are F2P and get an open beta, like Paragon, have essentially been released. They just don't call it a "release" because they're still in the process of adding content and they don't want it reviewed yet. Even Gematsu lists it as released at this point. Voodoo Vince might not even be a retail release. Gematsu currently lists it as a digital-only title. That doesn't make it any less of a game, but it's not a big deal from what I've seen. Virtually no one talks about it.

The list currently stands at 23 digital-only titles and 4 retail releases, which includes the Phantom Dust remaster. It should be noted that many of these games have been known about for almost 3 years or more at this point. Cuphead and Below are two games in particular that were announced a long time ago, got a lot of attention, but still have yet to even be given a release date. Wulverblade, though still listed as an Xbox/PC exclusive, has since been confirmed as coming to PS4 and has been on the list for years. ION, from the guy who made DayZ, was announced a year and a half ago with almost nothing known about it and yet there is confirmation that he is already working on another game. Tacoma was announced at The Game Awards in 2014 and was delayed until Q1 2017, but no release date has yet been given.

Bottomline is, Xbox One has virtually nothing. The amount of exclusive titles releasing for it is far more akin to a console that is about to die than one that has years left in it. Most of its games were announced quite a long time ago and even its lesser titles have gone through development hell to the point where there are either questions if they will ever release or if they'll just end up on a competitor's platform by the time they do.

Well we don't know how much Microsoft paid these companies for the exclusivity. I wouldn't be surprised to see some 3rd party exclusives, still, but I'm not expecting any companies to be too willing. They'll ask for a large amount of money, that's for sure.

On top of that, Phil has said he wanted to focus on first parties. So its quite unlikely they'll get any on the scale of Scalebound or Sunset Overdrive in the future I think
Phil says a lot of things and it's obvious why he's saying them at the time. Can't really get any third party deals? Make it sound like it's because you don't like them and want to focus on first party. Closing down a bunch of first party studios and cancelling projects? Get people to look the other way by announcing a timed exclusive Dead Rising title and a three-game exclusivity deal with the makers of State of Decay.

Legend

Super early predictions:

XBOX
Halo 6, this year!
Forza 7
New game from Remedy

Playstation
SuckerPunch's new game
New game from From
London Studio VR game

Nintendo
Pokemon for Switch
Smash Bros port
Switch Pro dock

nnodley

Super early predictions:

XBOX
Halo 6, this year!
Forza 7
New game from Remedy

Playstation
SuckerPunch's new game
New game from From
London Studio VR game

Nintendo
Pokemon for Switch
Smash Bros port
Switch Pro dock
A new remedy game could be announced, but seems a little early.  Plus we already know from Shinobi or some other insider that Remedy's next game is multiplatform, I believe.  But it can still have xbox marketing and be revealed there.

BananaKing

A new remedy game could be announced, but seems a little early.  Plus we already know from Shinobi or some other insider that Remedy's next game is multiplatform, I believe.  But it can still have xbox marketing and be revealed there.
its not from shinobi. its from remedy them selfs. their next game is multiplateform with some sort of online functionality.

DerNebel

So of Sonys announced AAA games, which do you think we'll see at E3 and which do you think will miss the show?

God of War
Days Gone
Detroit
Spider-Man
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Dreams
Death Stranding
GT Sport
Knack 2
The Last of Us 2

Technically I could see each of these games making an appearance, but that woukd leave no more space for third party or VR games. But honestly can you imagine how mindblowing a show with these games plus a new Sucker Punch IP, Bloodborne 2 and maybe Horizon DLC would be?

Xevross

So of Sonys announced AAA games, which do you think we'll see at E3 and which do you think will miss the show?

God of War
Days Gone
Detroit
Spider-Man
Uncharted The Lost Legacy
Dreams
Death Stranding
GT Sport
Knack 2
The Last of Us 2

Technically I could see each of these games making an appearance, but that woukd leave no more space for third party or VR games. But honestly can you imagine how mindblowing a show with these games plus a new Sucker Punch IP, Bloodborne 2 and maybe Horizon DLC would be?
I can see Dreams, Death Stranding and GT Sport not being included. The rest of them I think its more likely they will be included, unless there's development problems we don't know about.

They'll have those plus maybe 3 new exclusives and a few new third parties as well. Would be a great e3

Go Up