Star Citizen

Started by Raven, Jan 23, 2017, 05:40 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Not going to happen. The devs already have their hands full just trying to get this game done for the PC. They're not going to add more workload to develop a Scorpio specific version. Which, according to Microsoft, isn't even allowed. By the time this game is in a release state, the next generation will have started or be releasing soon. Makes no sense to develop this for any current consoles. Plus, after all of the graphical effects are added and the game's visuals are finalized, I doubt the Scorpio could run the game in any decent capacity. Just don't mention that to the crazies. They're convinced Scorpio could run the most demanding games three times over with no issues. Chris Roberts is a pro-PC guy in general, too. Best chance of seeing this game on consoles any time soon is the next generation. I know you know this, I just felt the need to get my thoughts out.
Plus so much of the initial SC pitch was bashing consoles and how games are watered down for them. Announcing any sort of console support while still in development would be met with such a large backlash.

At most I could see Squadron 42 being a late Scorpio game if exclusives become possible. That could be handed off to another developer for porting/downgrading.

Raven

Plus so much of the initial SC pitch was bashing consoles and how games are watered down for them. Announcing any sort of console support while still in development would be met with such a large backlash.

At most I could see Squadron 42 being a late Scorpio game if exclusives become possible. That could be handed off to another developer for porting/downgrading.
Yeah. I just don't see it happening. For a lot of different reasons.

nnodley

I need to jump into this game though with one of the bundles for Star Citizen and Squadron 42  and now that I can spend a little of my money I might to it here soon.

NeverDies

Apr 23, 2017, 02:50 AM Last Edit: Apr 23, 2017, 02:54 AM by NeverDies
I literally think Star Citizen will be the best space game ever made.

Unfortunately, it'll probably be years before it's actually released.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Raven

Legend

Well that's not a good sign for Squadron 42 releasing any time soon  ::)

Raven

Well that's not a good sign for Squadron 42 releasing any time soon  ::)
Depends on how much actual screentime the Vanduul have. The motion capture for them was already done awhile ago. If this is just finalization of the models, doesn't mean anything against SQ42's release.

Legend

Depends on how much actual screentime the Vanduul have. The motion capture for them was already done awhile ago. If this is just finalization of the models, doesn't mean anything against SQ42's release.
I've seen a fair amount of behind the scenes videos with them for motion capture so I assume they're in it a lot.

She says going "in the game" so that sounds like it wasn't there before.

Raven

I've seen a fair amount of behind the scenes videos with them for motion capture so I assume they're in it a lot.

She says going "in the game" so that sounds like it wasn't there before.
Which could be as simple as them having had nothing but stick figures in place of Vanduul until now. Get the model done and then put it in. I really don't think this is any kind of damning evidence against SQ42 releasing this year. Especially since no one is expecting it until the holidays and we're not even out of April yet. The capital ships are the biggest hurdle as far as models go and we know that the three human capital ships that will appear in Episode 1 are more or less finished. Now, if they were to tell us that there are 10 different Vanduul warships in Episode 1 and only one of them is near completion right now, then I would be concerned.

Raven

@Legend

Would it be possible to get the Star Citizen icon the way you have the Elite icon? Doesn't have to be that big but since this thread will probably be going for awhile I figured "why not".

Legend

@Legend

Would it be possible to get the Star Citizen icon the way you have the Elite icon? Doesn't have to be that big but since this thread will probably be going for awhile I figured "why not".
YEah sure. Link me a specific image and I can resize it.

Raven

YEah sure. Link me a specific image and I can resize it.
I'll have to look later. I'm at work and it's much easier for me to play off being on a forum than it is to be looking through a bunch of images, trying to find a good one.

BananaKing

Apr 26, 2017, 09:16 PM Last Edit: Apr 26, 2017, 09:24 PM by BananaKing
it just occurred to me that i will most likely get this game on PS5 if its any good. by the time PS5 rolls out it should be powerful enough to run this. and the game should be actually DONE by then. PS5 should be around 10 Tflops.

Yeah and here I am gonna hopefully have a super small/simple game thats like less than 5% the size of star citizen or less that will likely take me up to a year.  And not to mention vizioneck is gonna be upwards of 10 year development by the time that Mike Armbrust guy gets it finished!
rumor has it that Mike armbrust is planning for Vizioneck to be a cross generational game. by cross generational game i dont mean hardware generation, but an actual human generation. what that means is that mike wants to keep working on the game until his son is able to take his place and finish, thus handing down the games development to a new generation.

Raven

Legend

I think it looks good!

Go Up