What do you think of VizionEck's name?

Started by Legend, Aug 02, 2016, 01:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

For the game.

It's super awesome for tracking talk online since it's a made up word, but I'm worried it's harder to remember than something more generic. Honestly I don't really plan on changing it, but I'd like to know if it's something you currently "approve" of.

Plus while I'm at it, what do you think of the logo? I spent a very long time designing the "V" since it was my company logo when I did twisty puzzles, but the rest of the font was thrown together for the first trailer.

ethomaz

Aug 02, 2016, 02:02 AM Last Edit: Aug 02, 2016, 02:05 AM by ethomaz
Well talking about Portuguese....

Vizion is fine and common used here from the word "vision" in English (means "visão" for use).

But Eck pronunciates like something disgusting or nasty... like when you see a piece of shame in your way and you say here "Eca"... well it is common used by kids.

I don't know if I helped.

the-pi-guy

For the game.
For the website, it's an 8/10.
For the company, it's a 7/10.  
For the game though, you don't want to know.  (9/10)  

It's super awesome for tracking talk online since it's a made up word, but I'm worried it's harder to remember than something more generic. Honestly I don't really plan on changing it, but I'd like to know if it's something you currently "approve" of.
I like it.  
Vizion is great.  The z is also great, just look at Horizon; it has a z!  

My fiance has no problem remembering the name. (at least the forum, it's the first one she can name, but really it shouldn't be any different from the game.)

Plus while I'm at it, what do you think of the logo? I spent a very long time designing the "V" since it was my company logo when I did twisty puzzles, but the rest of the font was thrown together for the first trailer.
I like it.  

Vizion is fine and common used here from the word "vision" in English (means "visão" for use).
But Eck pronunciates like something disgusting or nasty... like when you see a piece of shame in your way and you say here "Eca"... well it is common used by kids.
In English we have "ick" that means the same thing.  

kitler53

it is unique without sounding pretentious.  i like it.

hate the logo.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

it is unique without sounding pretentious.  i like it.

hate the logo.
Hate the v part, or the whole vizioneck part?

I hate pretentiousness in indie games. It's the most common  negative I think.

kitler53

Hate the v part, or the whole vizioneck part?

I hate pretentiousness in indie games. It's the most common  negative I think.
both?  they don't fit together.  the non v part is quite blocky which is i suppose a callout to the games graphics but it also an ugly font. the v is, i dunno, girly?

but mostly i hate how disjointed it is. 

Legend

both?  they don't fit together.  the non v part is quite blocky which is i suppose a callout to the games graphics but it also an ugly font. the v is, i dunno, girly?

but mostly i hate how disjointed it is.

The V part is a design I've had for a long time. I'm open to refining it, but probably won't ever change the general shape. I really like how unique it is.

To be honest, the rest of the logo was put together last minute. Could probably use an update.

The disjoint was on purpose, due to an element in VizionEck. However I agree that it's stupid. Guess I should refine the V and then remake the rest in the same style.

I'm probally sticking with VizionEck for the name. Honestly the primary thing pushing me to change is the negative reaction to the original reveal. Those rushed trailers will haunt me for a long time but it's stupid to rename the game just because of that.

I don't know if I helped.

I pronounce the last part as "neck," despite the capital E. Would hearing the word in a trailer help with this?

Versus

I like the name, the logos ok.  Yeah I don't pronounce it as vizion eck, I say it like vizion neck.

kitler53

I'm probally sticking with VizionEck for the name. Honestly the primary thing pushing me to change is the negative reaction to the original reveal. Those rushed trailers will haunt me for a long time but it's stupid to rename the game just because of that.

I pronounce the last part as "neck," despite the capital E. Would hearing the word in a trailer help with this?
i'm sorry but you're wrong.  by capitalizing the E you are telling your consumers to emphasis it.

viz - eon - ECK

Legend

i'm sorry but you're wrong.  by capitalizing the E you are telling your consumers to emphasis it.

viz - eon - ECK
Are you saying I'm pronouncing my made up word wrong?  :P

Yeah the capitalization can be taken to mean emphasis, but that's not a universal rule.

kitler53

Are you saying I'm pronouncing my made up word wrong?  :P

Yeah the capitalization can be taken to mean emphasis, but that's not a universal rule.
i'm saying it doesn't matter how you think it should be pronounced when 95% of the people that see your game's title doesn't pronounce it that way.

Legend

i'm saying it doesn't matter how you think it should be pronounced when 95% of the people that see your game's title doesn't pronounce it that way.
Oh no I get that issue  ;D

the-pi-guy

Eh, I think it sounds the same either way.  Especially since people aren't going to say it super slowly.  

VizionEck just rolls.  It's VizionEck.  
Not Vizion (pause) Eck.

nnodley

It's shame!! You should destroy all your game dev work and destroy all electronics in your possession and live out your days in the wilderness.  8)

Spoiler for Hidden:
Kidding, but yeah I totally agree with Pi-guy, it sounds the same to me however way you say it.  And I like the V, don't listen to the haters! Lolololololol!

Legend

In the future when I need to be edgy and appeal to the more trendy youngsters, I'll re-brand as VizionX.