Rumor: Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 3 coming to Windows 10

Started by Aura7541, Feb 15, 2016, 03:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Aura7541

Forza Motorsport 6 and Gears of War 4 also rumored to be coming to Windows 10 | Windows Central

According to WPDang, this is all part of Microsoft's strategy to beef up its Windows 10 game efforts, with the Windows Store as the exclusive outlet. In addition to Forza Motorsport 6, the site claims, via unnamed sources, that Gears of War 4 might also be released for Windows 10 in addition to Xbox One, along with Scalebound. It also mentions a previously unannounced game, Forza Horizon 3, as coming to both Xbox One and Windows 10.
WPDang has a very good track record on Windows Phone and Windows rumors. You can see his blog post here, though it is in Chinese Mandarin.

kitler53

ps4/win10 seems like the best combo for gaming now if you are going to own two platforms.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Raven

In other words, rumor is that the Xbox One will have no true exclusives going forward.

kitler53

In other words, rumor is that the Xbox One will have no true exclusives going forward.
probably not.  but xbox is going the way of steambox i think.  it will still be a branch next gen but it will be pre-packaged pc not a console. 

DerNebel

Oh man I hope this is true, just imagine the meltdowns!! :D

Legend

probably not.  but xbox is going the way of steambox i think.  it will still be a branch next gen but it will be pre-packaged pc not a console.  
As of lately, I'm wondering if they'll make an XBOX reference machine.

Microsoft seems very determined to make Windows 10 the de facto source for PC games. An xbox PC line clutters that image and would make consumers think only XBOX branded PCs were "game ready." Makes more sense IMO to kill xbox hardware entirely and transition it into the software division for W10 gaming.

kitler53

Microsoft seems very determined to make Windows 10 the de facto source for PC games. An xbox PC line clutters that image and would make consumers think only XBOX branded PCs were "game ready." Makes more sense IMO to kill xbox hardware entirely and transition it into the software division for W10 gaming.
but in truth not every pc has the required hardware to play games so making the consumer believe not every pc is "game ready" if okay and in some ways a way to "add value" to the hardware that is capable of running games.

1. get everyone in industry to start using the term "xbox enabled" for any pc that meets some minimum gaming capability.  getting everyone to use the term increases brand awareness and markets the idea that windows pc's are for gaming.
2. release a line of pcs like the "xbox living room gaming box" (or some other better name really) that is "xbox enabled" straight from ms much like the ms surface.

or at least that's the direction i think ms is going.  makes sense enough to me.

darkknightkryta

I've been saying this for years!  Seriously, I said this a few days ago in another thread.

the-pi-guy

Gears 4 seems possible.  They are re-releasing the first one on PC.  Wonder if we will start seeing other Gears game too.  

Forza Horizon 3 wouldn't be crazy to expect.  Forza 6 would be more unexpected.  They've only ever released the mainline games on their main console.  

Scalebound would be interesting, but with how MS does in Japan, plus it might be like a few other games, Scalebound might be expected even.  

So I think maybe.  

ethomaz

It was confirmed by Turn 10 today Forza 6 is being developed to Windows 10 and Xbox One.

So it is not a rumor anymore.

Dr. Pezus

It was confirmed by Turn 10 today Forza 6 is being developed to Windows 10 and Xbox One.

So it is not a rumor anymore.
Forza 6 xb1 is already out tho

All upcoming forzas are coming to pc too

Legend

100% correct.

Good insider, good.