Fish tacos thread of making!

Started by Mmm_fish_tacos, Nov 12, 2015, 04:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

darkknightkryta

Well I've been busy,

These things are catching on to the general public now. I've sold 15 of them in the last two days. I've got like 4 more to finish then I'll finally beable to print the high quality controller shell and get it up on the net for everyone to see.
All my students have these.  Better than the stupid water bottle flips they were doing.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Holy crud I can't keep keep up with all these orders I'm about to build a new machine

SWORDF1SH

Well I've been busy,

These things are catching on to the general public now. I've sold 15 of them in the last two days. I've got like 4 more to finish then I'll finally beable to print the high quality controller shell and get it up on the net for everyone to see.
What is this?

Mmm_fish_tacos

Fidget spinner,

SWORDF1SH

Mmm_fish_tacos

Well i got the new robo c2 coming in the mail, should be here Wednesday. Getting excited about setting up my home factory!

Robo 3D C2 Compact Smart 3D Printer with Wi-Fi - 5 x 5 x 6": Amazon.com: Amazon Launchpad

Mmm_fish_tacos

Its here! And im stuck at work..

Mmm_fish_tacos

And ita going back!

Mmm_fish_tacos

Man, Designing a product is harder than it seems. I'm on my 5th version of the same thing. While every version but one has worked, I'm improving little things here and there. And this is only a spinning toy. I couldn't even imagine something more complex. That's got to be crazy.

darkknightkryta

Soooooo I'm going to make a supergun.

2x Undamned Decoders
1x CGA to VGA board
1x Scanline Generator (VGA)
1x Pico Power Supply
1x Power bar (Laptop)
1x DB09 Female connector
2x DB09 Male Connector
1x wire crimping kit (For connectors)
1x ATX header (For Power Supply)
2x 34 pin header (For Kick Harness, may or may not work).

@tacos
Think a generic 34 pin female header will fit in this?
HRS DF1B - Arcade Otaku Wiki
34 pin header:
Connectors/ Adapters :: Headers :: Female :: 1036-POLOLU 0.100" (2.54 mm) Female Header: 2x17-Pin, Straight

Mmm_fish_tacos

I dont think it will. It seems that if I'm reading it right the spacing is .01 mm off.  Then again it's cheap enough you can try and force it. It might go. But with so many pins it might be tough.

darkknightkryta

I dont think it will. It seems that if I'm reading it right the spacing is .01 mm off.  Then again it's cheap enough you can try and force it. It might go. But with so many pins it might be tough.
It might work.  I won't know until my board comes in.  At worse I'll get a bunch of jumpers and wire everything manually.

darkknightkryta

I got the parts in.  The housing fits.  I haven't gotten my jamma harness in yet to test it though.  I was going to make it a plug and play for each board (I have a CPS2 and a CPS3 coming in), but the male housing is pretty garbage for the female header I'll see what to do later.

In the mean time, time to put this bad boy together.

Benchtop Power Board Kit Hookup Guide - learn.sparkfun.com

Are fuses polarized?  It came with fuses but I don't know how to plug them in.

Mmm_fish_tacos

No, theyll work in both directions.

darkknightkryta

Ugh the solder I bought years ago either sucks, or my soldering iron is done.  I'm gonna go buy thicker solder and a new tip tomorrow.  And I was just at the electronic store today.  Oh well.  I ended up buying that solder sucker from there today.

Go Up