Final Fantasy XII Remaster Confirmed by... the Distant Worlds Conductor?

Started by Aura7541, Aug 02, 2015, 01:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Aura7541

Credit goes to Mcdohl for the screenshots. Also, I think the conductor meant to say "remaster" as he likely does not know the difference between a remake and a remaster.

Mmm_fish_tacos

the-pi-guy

I am excited!!!  :D

BasilZero

I hope its true.

Hoping for PS4/PC announcement too.

darkknightkryta

Probably wanted to hype FF 7 remake but screwed up?

the-pi-guy

Probably wanted to hype FF 7 remake but screwed up?
He pointed out someone who worked on the music of FFXII.  

darkknightkryta

I honestly can say I don't know who the composer of FFXII was.  Oh well

the-pi-guy

Sakimoto.  

Aura7541

Quote from: Brew124
Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree. I was the one who posted the way he announced it from the stage at the start of Distant Worlds, and it was clear that he was referring to the game and not a soundtrack/individual tracks from the game. I mean, the quote I posted can even be extended further, as I just put in the main portion (trying to get his words as close as possible, but there may something here or there that I left out):

"And I'm sure you've all heard the big news... Final Fantasy 7 remake!

We're all very excited. I kept begging Square Enix, how about by the end of this year?

They said, 'Maybe Arnie-san, maybe, maybe.' So I think it will be later. (laughs)

And! There's a Final Fantasy 12 remake underway as well.

That's coming out soon.

And of course we can't wait for Final Fantasy 15, coming out soon.

It's very important that we have a special guest with us in the Pittsburgh Symphony in beautiful Heinz Hall, so we brought with us, and this is his first time this year to America, he joined us in Los Angeles a few months ago during the E3 convention, and this will be the second time that he's appeared with us in Distant Worlds in America. Please welcome the composer of Final Fantasy XII.. Hitoshi Sakimoto!

So I thought it's only fitting the next piece we should play come from Final Fantasy XII, so we'll be playing the beautiful Dalmasca Estersand. But before that, we always like to play this tune at the start of each concert."

That's when they went into the Victory Theme, and transitioned into the Dalmasca Estersand.
Link

ethomaz

Yeap it is true and it will come before the others big announced.

I will love to play it.

the-pi-guy

Following conversations with composer Hitoshi Sakimoto regarding new concert arrangements of music from FINAL FANTASY XII, regrettably, the term 'remake' was used in error during one of the announcements that took place from the stage during the concert.
Final Fantasy 12 HD Remaster or Remake in the Works - IGN

Legend

Nah this isn't going to be announced for a decade. Square is just planting seeds to build a hype train.

Aura7541

Nah this isn't going to be announced for a decade. Square is just planting seeds to build a hype train.
It's possible that the team that was doing the FFX|X-2 HD Remaster is now working on FFXII Remaster. Unfortunately, we won't know anything until TGS or Paris.