MK8 sells 1.2 million opening weekend

Started by Legend, Jun 02, 2014, 06:17 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

I just can't understand it lol. Smash Bros I can, but MK just seems too cute to be angry over.

Mario Kart has started wars. 

ethomaz

A friend of mine just told me that 3 of his friends quite literally got into a fight over this game and are now not speaking to each other. They have even gone as far as to unfriend each other on their consoles. Lol I thought the whole "losing friends over Mario Kart" was a joke.

Why?

The game is a standard Mario Kart and that is great and fun.

BananaKing

awesome.

i hope this isnt just a one week bump. lets hope MK has some serious legs and can continue pushing the WiiU forward.

7H3

I can't wait to play this game! I don't like racing games really at all, but have always been a fan of Mario Kart!
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Dr. Pezus

I can't wait to play this game! I don't like racing games really at all, but have always been a fan of Mario Kart!

You should try Sonic All Stars then.

I also feel like Wipeout is similar in many ways (except way harder)

7H3

You should try Sonic All Stars then.

I also feel like Wipeout is similar in many ways (except way harder)

Yeah a buddy of mine that has a Wii U has that game and said it was a really good cart racer
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Xevross

awesome.

i hope this isnt just a one week bump. lets hope MK has some serious legs and can continue pushing the WiiU forward.

Yeah I hope so too. A more competitive gen can only be a benefit to us.

Dr. Pezus

Yeah I hope so too. A more competitive gen can only be a benefit to us.

Let's not kid ourselves. Nobody will be competing with WiiU this gen. Maybe for a very short amount of time and maybe something between X1 and WiiU, but PS4 won't be touched.

Xevross

Let's not kid ourselves. Nobody will be competing with WiiU this gen. Maybe for a very short amount of time and maybe something between X1 and WiiU, but PS4 won't be touched.

You never know what twists could be happen in the future... ;)

Dr. Pezus

You never know what twists could be happen in the future... ;)

But I do. Just look at my sig.

There are rarely any real twists. Sony managed to turn PS3 around due to many factors in its favors that Nintendo don't have (willingness to lose money, 3rd party support, ability to drop price a lot, PS brand power etc.) but it still ultimately failed to compete against the top dog when it was really relevant. Other than that I can't think of anything mid-gen. Look at Gamecube, it dropped to $99 quite soon yet that didn't help it much at all.

Xevross

But I do. Just look at my sig.

There are rarely any real twists. Sony managed to turn PS3 around due to many factors in its favors that Nintendo don't have (willingness to lose money, 3rd party support, ability to drop price a lot, PS brand power etc.) but it still ultimately failed to compete against the top dog when it was really relevant. Other than that I can't think of anything mid-gen. Look at Gamecube, it dropped to $99 quite soon yet that didn't help it much at all.

Yep I know its extremely unlikely and I expect PS4 to win by a huge amount but there's never a guarantee. MS have the money to attempt to turn this round but money can't change everything.

Legend

Yep I know its extremely unlikely and I expect PS4 to win by a huge amount but there's never a guarantee. MS have the money to attempt to turn this round but money can't change everything.

I agree

PS4>Wii U> Xbox One*

Xevross

I agree

PS4>Wii U> Xbox One*

Yep, MK8 could have a big impact from now on, I guess we'll see. Xbox exclusives are looking very promising though (especially with E3 around the corner) so its hard to choose between the two. I'd say Xbox One second.

Legend

I agree

PS4>Wii U> Xbox One*

Yep, MK8 could have a big impact from now on, I guess we'll see. Xbox exclusives are looking very promising though (especially with E3 around the corner) so its hard to choose between the two. I'd say Xbox One second.

*Kinect bundles

Xevross

*Kinect bundles

lol ok, I agree completely with that :)

Go Up