Forza for PC possibly announced at GDC on Wednesday

Started by Raven, Mar 02, 2015, 02:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Raven

http://www.worldsfactory.net/2015/03/02/rumor-forza-pc-might-be-announced-gdc2015

Several pieces of evidence, according to the author, seem to be pointing to an announcement this Wednesday of Forza being developed for PC.

1) Forza Motorsport 5 was used as a PC tech demo at last year's GDC by Chris Tector of Turn 10 to show off DX12.

2) This year, he will be one of two people talking at a session called Developing Games for Windows 10. Why is someone who works for Turn 10 talking about making games for Windows?

3) His session on this is just 30 minutes after Spencer will be talking at a session called The Future of Gaming Across the Microsoft Ecoystem. Spencer could easily announce Forza going to PC and then Turn 10 talks more in depth about it during the following session.

What do you guys think?

kitler53

probably.  with a corporate mandate of pushing windows 10 i think many of xbox's selling points will be harvested to push windows at the expense of xbox.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

probably.  with a corporate mandate of pushing windows 10 i think many of xbox's selling points will be harvested to push windows at the expense of xbox.

I can see a full shift back to PC to be honest.

kitler53

I can see a full shift back to PC to be honest.

probably.   xbox is going to become a "service" and playstation is moving that direction too.   we'll see how wins the battle of the services.   i said prior to this gen that the winner of this gen would win gaming for like the next really long time.   this gen, i think, will start moving people to service models and once "generations" don't exist fans will be pretty locked in the same way it is rare to see anyone jump between android and apple.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

If true xbox is on the chopping block.

Dr. Pezus

I expect Forza and Halo on PC imminently. We will mostly see late ports though, so Halo 5 won't release immediately on PC

Legend

Yeah sounds plausible.

Forza 5 day in day out with a shared online, just like Fable.

Halo 5 I still think will be at least timed exclusive on xbo. Having a shared online between the two would suck, so it's not reallya good game to push for xbo windows unification.

BasilZero

FLGibsonIII

It would be really bad if Halo 5 is on PC. Bad enough to seriously hurt the Xbox brand.
All aboard the hype train.