Pachter Expects The Order 1886 to sell around 5 million units by year's end

Started by Dr. Pezus, Feb 17, 2015, 03:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Dr. Pezus

"It's a really good exclusive title and I think it attaches at a pretty high rate to the install base so probably 3.5 to 4 million of the install base, and then I think it will probably attract another 1 to 2 million to buy a PlayStation 4 in the next few months. So I would imagine it would be 5 million through the year's end and it's great," Pachter said in an interview with GamingBolt.

Pachter is confident that Sony will keep on selling PS4s and if they bundle it up with the console, The Order: 1886 may even sell close to 10-12 million copies. "[Sony] They are going to keep selling PS4s so the trick is that this title is coming out early in the year but it's going to sell really well in the Fall and it will probably be $40 during Holidays and if they bundle it with the PlayStation 4 which is how they will; I think the February launch is planned in such way that come Black Friday and they could give you The Order for free if you buy the PS4. So could end up selling 10-12 million because they can give away that many copies. But it's going to do well."

http://gamingbolt.com/pachter-the-or...r-a-ps4-bundle

BananaKing

10-12 million? Pacther is high as fudge

Mmm_fish_tacos

fudge, sub million now that patcher opened his fat mouth.

Dr. Pezus

fudge, sub million now that patcher opened his fat mouth.
Nah, just less than 5m. But we already knew that lol. I can see 3m in its first year with some luck but only 5m with major holiday bundling

Raven

I wish he would shut the fudge up. He is so completely out of touch with the industry. He just throws shame at the wall and hopes some of it sticks.

Legend

I like him, but most of his predictions are crazy haha.

kitler53

geez guys, 5 million isn't all that unrealistic especially if there is bundling.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Mmm_fish_tacos

geez guys, 5 million isn't all that unrealistic especially if there is bundling.

I think it's more about the 10-12 life tim,  5 Is doable but I don't think it will make it.

Legend

Lifetime 5m it's possible sure, but not first year really. The last of us only managed 6 million in its similar time frame, making it one of the best selling new IPs of all time.

DerNebel

He jinxed it

5 million first year without bundling? I doubt it.

kitler53

Lifetime 5m it's possible sure, but not first year really. The last of us only managed 6 million in its similar time frame, making it one of the best selling new IPs of all time.

and the order will be a better game...

...you just read it on the internet therefore it is true.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

darkknightkryta

The business plan he has is sound though. I was actually thinking about this a week back.  If Sony makes money from it early enough it becomes a very good pack in. It won't cost them money since the game made its money back and then some. It then becomes a powerful marketing tool. Ps4 is selling high and if it's bundled with 5 million ps4 Patcher will be right. It all depends on how well it sells in the beginning. It's actually the same strategy Sony did with the Last of Us.