Tomodachi Life is a huge hit!

Started by Xbro, Feb 17, 2015, 07:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Xbro

We released "Tomodachi Life" in the overseas markets last June, which is the title released as "Tomodachi Collection: Shin-Seikatsu" (Japanese title) in Japan in 2013, and the global life-to-date sales of this title reached 3.96 million units.

It is interesting to note that the sales pace has been steady in Europe in particular. We compare it to the sales transition of "Animal Crossing: New Leaf," which was released in almost the same period of the previous year. In the overseas markets, "Tomodachi Life" had to make a start as a little known and entirely new IP because the original "Tomodachi Collection" for Nintendo DS was not available there. For your information, this graph shows the weekly sales of each title through the end of the year and the number of weeks for "Tomodachi Life" is one more than that for "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" as "Tomodachi Life" was released one week earlier in the year.

As you can see, "Tomodachi Life" has sold steadily for a long time. The sell-through of the two titles including their digital versions until the end of the calendar year of the respective releases are on the same level: 1.28 million units for "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" and 1.22 million units for "Tomodachi Life." Considering the difference in their brand awareness and initial sales, it is fair to say that "Tomodachi Life" has achieved good results. It is also notable that the sales in one European country, France, have surpassed those in the U.S.

We can make Nintendo 3DS a more widely received platform by realizing the market potential of such titles as they have fewer competitors in the video game industry and more appeal to female consumers. Actually, "Tomodachi Life" and a pink Nintendo 2DS succeeded in attracting young female European consumers to the platform in the year-end sales season. With the help of the hit "Tomodachi Life," Nintendo 2DS has made its mark as an entry model in Europe, constituting nearly half of the sales of Nintendo 3DS hardware in the year-end sales season.

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/150217/02.html
3 people like this

Xevross

Very nice sales. It seems the French love it, they are the most romantic after all :P

Cute Pikachu

If I remember from a NOF interview
tomadachi was around 450k in france I think?
and It hit 1 million in december in europe
pretty good
The Vizioneck Nintendo Fanboy!

Switch Software Sales Guide:
http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5895.msg218699#new

kitler53

Very nice sales. It seems the French love it, they are the most romantic after all :P

according to my trip to paris i'd say horny.   there is nothing romantic about handjobs on a park bench..

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Xbro

If I remember from a NOF interview
tomadachi was around 450k in france I think?
and It hit 1 million in december in europe
pretty good

It hit 1.22M by the end of December.
3 people like this

Dr. Pezus

Impressive. Sony should've made a similar game for Vita.

darkknightkryta

I know, crazy sales. Didn't it sell like 2 million in Japan?

Xbro

I know, crazy sales. Didn't it sell like 2 million in Japan?

Almost.
3 people like this