Games you love but are bored playing

Started by the-pi-guy, Feb 15, 2015, 06:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Legend

How is that possible?

I guess it'd be a game you want to love, but just can't?

the-pi-guy

How is that possible?

I guess it'd be a game you want to love, but just can't?

I think most of the time yes.

La Pucelle.  I loved the idea of playing the game and enjoyed playing it, but after an hour or so it lost its appeal, only to be regained the next day. 

Ludicrous Speed

I thought Dying Light started amazing but I quickly got bored while playing it and haven't touched it in a week or so. Part of that is Evolve, but mostly it's just... generic. Shadows of Mordor had the same problem. It's a good game but just familar.

FLGibsonIII

Insurgency. I love it for a couple hours, but can't play after that. Repeat with time I play it
All aboard the hype train.

Mmm_fish_tacos

Does a game you've play for about 150 hours count?

Xevross

Does a game you've play for about 150 hours count?

Probably

Mmm_fish_tacos

Destiny, after 150 hour with my warlock alone I've run out of things I need to do, and want to do's are running dry. Can't wait for the next DLC, which i feel will only be a short injection of entertainment till I run out of things to do again. Hopefully the expansion will remedy the short comings the vanilla version of the game suffers from, like explaining the games lore in game and not with some stupid cards or the players time is valuable and the game should revolve around the player and not the player around the game.

kitler53

Destiny, after 150 hour with my warlock alone I've run out of things I need to do, and want to do's are running dry. Can't wait for the next DLC, which i feel will only be a short injection of entertainment till I run out of things to do again. Hopefully the expansion will remedy the short comings the vanilla version of the game suffers from, like explaining the games lore in game and not with some stupid cards or the players time is valuable and the game should revolve around the player and not the player around the game.

yeah, i'm in the same boat.  knowing the bungie will just invalidate my current progess with a punishing xur upgrade process and change the rule to ensure the materials i'm collecting today aren't relavant tomorrow only makes it hurt worse.  it litterally pains me to play it right now knowing the next expansion is close.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

I thought Dying Light started amazing but I quickly got bored while playing it and haven't touched it in a week or so. Part of that is Evolve, but mostly it's just... generic. Shadows of Mordor had the same problem. It's a good game but just familar.

Yeah I can agree with Shadow of Mordor. 

darkknightkryta

Yeah I can agree with Shadow of Mordor. 

After watching the Hobbit I was thinking of getting Shadow of Mordor...

DrakeSnake

kitler53

Ni no Kuni.

that was a game i wish was just a movie.  i like the cut scenes but the gameplay was too simple and therefore boring.  also i hate games that make upgrades a downgrade.  evolving my "pokemon" and having them downgrade to have a laughably low amount of defense until i grind out some xp was just a horrible decision.  i spent too much time just griding lowbie shame just to be able to progress into the next area.

in the end i just wanted to see the cut scenes and be done with it.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

the-pi-guy

After watching the Hobbit I was thinking of getting Shadow of Mordor...

My brother put 30 hours into it.  Not a bad game, but it could be better. 

DrakeSnake

that was a game i wish was just a movie.  i like the cut scenes but the gameplay was too simple and therefore boring.  also i hate games that make upgrades a downgrade.  evolving my "pokemon" and having them downgrade to have a laughably low amount of defense until i grind out some xp was just a horrible decision.  i spent too much time just griding lowbie shame just to be able to progress into the next area.

in the end i just wanted to see the cut scenes and be done with it.
Yeah, thats why i tried to do as many side quest and catch a lot of monsters as i can to re-level up my evolved monster before progressing. Shame i really the monsters design a lot. but yeah at least you didn't try going for a platinum.