windows 10 will be able to remote play Xbox One games

Started by Legend, Dec 14, 2014, 10:44 PM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Mmm_fish_tacos

Just a prediction, but I think it's happening.

But why?

darkknightkryta

I actually think Ms should have gone PC instead.

Legend

But why?

Leaked xbox app in windows 10 plus the previous leak/rumor about Microsoft streaming games to PC.

Xevross

Would you have to own the Xbox One games to play them? If not then thats a really poor move imo

Legend

Would you have to own the Xbox One games to play them? If not then thats a really poor move imo

I'd imagine it'd be like remote play, not playstation now.

7H3

seems almost redundant and pointless... like hdmi input on the xbox one...
MS needs to start going forward not backwards
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

Legend

seems almost redundant and pointless... like hdmi input on the xbox one...
MS needs to start going forward not backwards

But it makes a cool selling point for windows 10.

u4gReservoirDogs

But it makes a very bad selling point for Xbones that are already on shelves / in production.
I'm always willing to endure humiliation on behalf of my characters. - Ben Stiller

Dr. Pezus

I actually think Ms should have gone PC instead.
They did for a time. Then they tried again and failed miserably

kitler53

I'd imagine it'd be like remote play, not playstation now.

a remote play like application is practically worthless.

a psnow like application would be amazballz.   sony needs to bring ps4 games to psnow and it needs to bring psnow to pc and smarttv's.   the real grow either of their fortunes is finding away to eliminate the barrier that is requiring an expensive console and getting out of the misfortune of having to "start over" at each generation break.   hardware sales be damned,.. they are irrelevant if you're the one selling boatloads of software which is where the money is and has always been.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

kitler53

window's 10 is going to live or die on the business/productivity consumer.   the home computer is dying as the usage gets fragmented with tablets, phones, consoles, ect.   i'm packing up my desktop computer for recycling and looking at it like a relic of the past just like cassettes and cd's.   going after the consumer market at the expense of business will kill ms.  they can't afford another shame product that business refuses to support.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

7H3

To summarize: Hey PC gamers ever wanted to play inferior quality console games on your PC? Well now you can with added lag!
Windows 10 "We're really trying"

the-pi-guy

I think that's a bit pointless on desktop. 
Windows 10 phone on the other hand!

7H3

I think that's a bit pointless on desktop. 
Windows 10 phone on the other hand!

yes or tablet could be really cool especially if you could use it outside of local wifi... but that is a small market that would benefit as average upload speed is around 5mbs