November NPD results thread! Xbox One 1.23 Million!!! PS4: ~840k, wii u: 243k, 3DS 515k

Started by Legend, Dec 11, 2014, 10:52 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Rorono

It is odd that the ps3 remains at 250

darkknightkryta

Wasn't it priced at $99 on BF? In any case, it got insane deals. PS3 got nothing I bet. WiiU got nothing either.

I honestly don't know :/. 

darkknightkryta

It is odd that the ps3 remains at 250

I don't think people realize how expensive the PS3 and 360 were.  There's no easy way for them to get the price down other then creating something with newer technology and scaling back.  Kinda like what Nintendo did.  Nintendo essentially created their Wii U to give you PS3 and 360 power, but at a cheaper cost.  Without the tablet, the Wii U would be able to be sold at cheaper price than PS3 and 360.

Legend

Raven

We really just need to accept that the Vita is essentially dead. They can throw all of these port-overs, port-ups, port-downs, port-diagonals, and whatever other ports one could think of at it. Sony's first-party support of it is drying up and there don't seem to be any big, well known developers lining up in sufficient quantities to create new games just for the platform. Its selling point as a mobile companion to the PS4 doesn't seem to be convincing enough people.

Mmm_fish_tacos

It needs to be a 99 dollar device.

Dr. Pezus

We really just need to accept that the Vita is essentially dead in the US

Fixed

Raven

Dr. Pezus

It's dead, Jim.
It's doing acceptable numbers in Japan and some random other countries. China will save it!!
Still, at least it's comfortably ahead of WiiU after over 2 years lulz. That's despite Nintendo supporting WiiU with loads of big games.

Rorono

According to nowinstock other than the regular SKU there's only the white destiny bundle on Best buy and everything else is out of stock (including the white destiny bundle in other shops)
White Destiny only restocking on Amazon on the 24th
BF bundles OOS everywhere, at least online
Sounds like X1 should take December like in 2013. Right now the options for PS4 buyers in the US are the worse value proposition in the world, all other countries are getting better deals and stock.

Legend

We really just need to accept that the Vita is essentially dead. They can throw all of these port-overs, port-ups, port-downs, port-diagonals, and whatever other ports one could think of at it. Sony's first-party support of it is drying up and there don't seem to be any big, well known developers lining up in sufficient quantities to create new games just for the platform. Its selling point as a mobile companion to the PS4 doesn't seem to be convincing enough people.

Nah vita isn't dead. It has horrible hardware sales in the west, but software still does ok. Vita has found a super niche market of gaming hipsters.

darkknightkryta

Nah vita isn't dead. It has horrible hardware sales in the west, but software still does ok. Vita has found a super niche market of gaming hipsters.

Yeah.  Good for Vita.

Rorono

So..
what if cboat's post was about UK instead of US?
Though i'm not sure how he'd have the numbers

Legend

So..
what if cboat's post was about UK instead of US?
Though i'm not sure how he'd have the numbers

It's an NPD thread. I think cboat is just no more. He used to be 100% spot on, and then just within the past year he's fallen to practically nothing.

Rorono

yeah but Ms PR did mention UK

Go Up