Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD and FF7 (PC Port) Confirmed for PS4

Started by ethomaz, Dec 11, 2014, 12:37 PM

previous topic - next topic

ethomaz

Be happy.

UPDATE 2, 11/12/2014: Square Enix has confirmed to VideoGamer.com that Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster will be available on PS4 in spring 2015 for £39.99.

The game will be available as both a digital and packaged product.

The title will also feature "system-exclusive features", but Square has yet to reveal what they may be.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/final_fantasy_x_x2_hd/news/final_fantasy_x_x-2_hd_remaster_is_coming_to_ps4.html

ethomaz

darkknightkryta

Not only is it just a PC port, they're charging more than what it costs on PC.  Still, I hope they fix the music

the-pi-guy

Wonder if FFX will have any advantages over PS3. 

ethomaz

Yes.

The title will also feature "system-exclusive features"... I'm guessing something with Touch Pad? And of course... better resolution/framerate.

the-pi-guy

Yes.

The title will also feature "system-exclusive features"... I'm guessing something with Touch Pad? And of course... better resolution/framerate.

PS3 version was already 1080p. 
So probably frame rate will be improved. 

darkknightkryta

Considering the game had disadvantages over the PS2 version...

the-pi-guy

Considering the game had disadvantages over the PS2 version...

Such as? 

darkknightkryta

Such as? 

They're graphic "enhancements" made the game actually look worse.  I personally didn't think it was possible.

Kapi96

40 quid? Are you fudgy kidding me? I'm sure the PS3 version was only 30 quid, so why is this one more? fudge you Square Enix!

Raven

Yeah, not too happy with SE right now. Of course, I haven't been happy with them for awhile. The FF14 reboot was the only good thing they've done lately and that was done out of necessity and desperation. First you give your fans the finger by announcing a port of FF7 to the PS4 when you know dang well everyone and their brother (besides Kryta and Tacos :P ) have been asking for a remake but then you overcharge. For fudge's sake, there is no reason for this game to be any more than $10 at this point no matter what platform you put it on. The iced up part is I know I'm going to buy the dang thing AND the FFX remaster. Assholes.

darkknightkryta

Yeah, not too happy with SE right now. Of course, I haven't been happy with them for awhile. The FF14 reboot was the only good thing they've done lately and that was done out of necessity and desperation. First you give your fans the finger by announcing a port of FF7 to the PS4 when you know dang well everyone and their brother (besides Kryta and Tacos :P ) have been asking for a remake but then you overcharge. For fudge's sake, there is no reason for this game to be any more than $10 at this point no matter what platform you put it on. The iced up part is I know I'm going to buy the dang thing AND the FFX remaster. Assholes.

To tell you the truth, I don't think highly of FF 7 :P.  Though my friend put it best when I told him at Distant Worlds; "Square needs to go bankrupt".  He wasn't even angry, he's just fed up.  As am I.

Raven

To tell you the truth, I don't think highly of FF 7 :P.  Though my friend put it best when I told him at Distant Worlds; "Square needs to go bankrupt".  He wasn't even angry, he's just fed up.  As am I.

If their leadership doesn't get replaced soon, yes. They need to go bankrupt. The baby part is now that FF14 has established millions of subscriptions they can lean on that for the next 5 to 10 years if it stays successful. Their timed exclusive deal with Microsoft for the next Tomb Raider means they basically got paid up front to make that game so it won't even really affect them if it flops. At least not initially but it will hurt their reputation. If that's even possible to go any further down at this point. They're hovering just above Capcom for consumer confidence. The FF7 port and FFX remaster will probably net them a nice little chunk of change, too.

So basically, as much as I despise their higher ups right now, they're actually playing it financially safe for the moment to keep the company going. Though who knows. Maybe FF15 and KH3 will knock our socks off. I'm just bitter that they have all of these well known franchises sitting there unused and they waste time, money, and manpower making three fudgy FF13 titles when it should have been pretty clear the fanbase really wanted them to stop after the first one.

darkknightkryta

If their leadership doesn't get replaced soon, yes. They need to go bankrupt. The baby part is now that FF14 has established millions of subscriptions they can lean on that for the next 5 to 10 years if it stays successful. Their timed exclusive deal with Microsoft for the next Tomb Raider means they basically got paid up front to make that game so it won't even really affect them if it flops. At least not initially but it will hurt their reputation. If that's even possible to go any further down at this point. They're hovering just above Capcom for consumer confidence. The FF7 port and FFX remaster will probably net them a nice little chunk of change, too.

So basically, as much as I despise their higher ups right now, they're actually playing it financially safe for the moment to keep the company going. Though who knows. Maybe FF15 and KH3 will knock our socks off. I'm just bitter that they have all of these well known franchises sitting there unused and they waste time, money, and manpower making three fudgy FF13 titles when it should have been pretty clear the fanbase really wanted them to stop after the first one.

This is what pisses me off about Square Enix most.  At least with Capcom, its really internet fans complaining.  RE6 is their third highest selling title, so the game sold to the right people.  The problem with Square is that you get sheep who'd buy and like whatever crud they make.  My reaction to the ending of Final Fantasy XIII?  "I wanna throw this POS disc out the window".  My friend's reaction? "The ending was so beautiful I was going to cry".  As long as Square has these sheep, they'll keep on putting out whatever crud they want.  Another one of my other friend's is actually hyped for the PC port.  It's just a piss off that all the execs in that company are so disillusioned. 

Mmm_fish_tacos

I want a remake of 9, 7 can kiss my dog.