PC > PS4 doesn't matter

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 27, 2014, 03:03 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

On being asked about his thoughts on the PS4's GPU and whether it can rival high end PC GPUs with the proper optimization, Bottomley said, "I honestly don't know too much about the hardware side of things. My guess would be that since GPU's are constantly being released and updated for PC's, it's only natural that they will outperform a PS4 at some point. I don't think that really matters though.
"If you look at what Naughty Dog did with The Last of Us at the end of the PS3 generation it goes to show just how much you can squeeze out of a system with very clever people on your team!"

http://gamingbolt.com/pc-gpus-outperforming-ps4-gpu-does-not-matter-the-last-of-us-ps3-is-proof-of-that

BasilZero

Common sense...when it comes to GPUs considering the fact that the PS4 will be on the market for another 6-7 years with the same hardware while PCs will keep getting improved hardware parts.....

darkknightkryta

I think I was trying to find info on the lighting system in Uncharted 3 (Or 2) when I read a very true comment.  I'll paraphrase: "If Uncharted 2 or God of War 3 were on PC at 1080p, they'd be the best looking titles on PC"

Dr. Pezus

^In Uncharted 2's case they'd have to update the textures quite a bit and add AA and in GoW3's case they'd have to improve some of the character models.

darkknightkryta

^In Uncharted 2's case they'd have to update the textures quite a bit and add AA and in GoW3's case they'd have to improve some of the character models.

That's the thing though.  Uncharted is textured that well, the enemies in God of War are indeed rough (Main character models are some of the best in gaming), but so are character models in every other PC game.

Dr. Pezus

That's the thing though.  Uncharted is textured that well, the enemies in God of War are indeed rough (Main character models are some of the best in gaming), but so are character models in every other PC game.

Well, not if we include the PC juggernauts like Crysis, Ryse, Metro and the like

darkknightkryta

Well, not if we include the PC juggernauts like Crysis, Ryse, Metro and the like

Those games came out a year or two after the article...

NeverDies

This was a really well done statement. He didn't alienate any system's gamers, and also sounded humble, while still saying the PS4 is so awesome it'll still be relevant in 7 years,
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Dr. Pezus

Those games came out a year or two after the article...

Wut, certainly not Crysis. That's a 2007 game. Metro came out around the same time GoW3 released.

darkknightkryta

Wut, certainly not Crysis. That's a 2007 game. Metro came out around the same time GoW3 released.

Crysis 1 isn't that good looking of a title.  Flat textures everywhere.  Lighting wasn't that impressive either.  Not to mention the poor animations and bad looking character models.  It was a good looking title back in 2007, but it's been severely outclassed since.  The first Metro wasn't that good looking either...

Dr. Pezus

Crysis 1 isn't that good looking of a title.  Flat textures everywhere.  Lighting wasn't that impressive either.  Not to mention the poor animations and bad looking character models.  It was a good looking title back in 2007, but it's been severely outclassed since.  The first Metro wasn't that good looking either...

They had much more advanced stuff going on than was in PS3 titles though. Crysis wasn't topped for years. Metro looked awesome for the most part except for the character faces

darkknightkryta

They had much more advanced stuff going on than was in PS3 titles though. Crysis wasn't topped for years. Metro looked awesome for the most part except for the character faces

Like I said, Crysis didn't do anything too advanced.  It's shading model was outclassed by Uncharted 2.  It's lighting system was destroyed by Killzone 2.  It's poorly textured.  It's poorly animated.  It got praised because it was a poorly optimized game that no GPU could run at the time.  If it was now, the game would have been knocked more than Watchdogs.  Same with Metro, it was pretty rough looking.  Same poorly textured game.  The lighting was a local based system and had no global illumination.  Hell, the more I hear people defending these games, the more I realize they have no knowledge of computer graphic systems.  I'm looking at you Pezus -_-