What are your thoughts on VizionEck's graphics?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, May 01, 2016, 02:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

kitler53

yes yes, i am blunt.  but here is some more honest truth,.. on the psblog (which was/will be your biggest marketing exposure) i make a decison about an article in ~5 seconds a lot of the time.  

first i look for screens.  then i watch the video if i have one.  and then i read the article only if i feel like i might be interested.  

graphics is for better or worse are a huge part of my decision. there is a saying that when you are buying a used car if you want to know what shape the engine is in check the car mats.  basically if the owner didn't take care of the mats they probably didn't take care of the engine. 

with hundreds of indies to choose from i make a similar judgement. if they didn't do a decent job with the presentation they probably are no better at the gameplay. 

vizioneck looks low effort on the presentation.  maybe things are better now but even worse than the cubes was the dead explosions from that first trailer.  maybe you've put tons of time into the gameplay and content but my immediate thought when i saw your trailer is it looks low quality. 

now i "know" you so i'll put more effort into learning about your game than someone elses.  hell, i might buy it just so i can join the inevitable conversations we'll have here.  ...but for the vast majority of people you've got 5 seconds to grab their interest and your presentation isn't helping. 

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens