What are your thoughts on VizionEck's graphics?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, May 01, 2016, 02:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

If you are reading this, you better have already responded!

Back in summer 2013 VizionEck was a completely different game than it is now. It was envisioned as a free demo project I could finish in a month. The art style was invented/used because it made development super easy. However the game quickly morphed into a different beast and its scope increased 100 fold. 3 years later I've upgraded every aspect of the game except graphics.

The single player campaign called VizionEck Adventure is very much built around this art style, but the multiplayer called VizionEck Battle is only using it out of habit. Plus a long time ago I added "Game Skins" to the mix. These use procedural generation to completely overhaul the game's graphics and artstyle making it unrecognizably different. My dilemma is this:

Should VizionEck Battle stay as is where "Outlines" are the default graphics and game skins are just fun unlocks, or should Battle be stripped of "outline" based game mechanics and advertised primarily with game skins?

I'm heavily leaning towards the later atm, but this is a decision I can sit on till it's time for the next trailer. For the moment just hearing your feedback on the current graphics is super beneficial.