Do you still have similar passions to when you were younger?

Viewing single post

Started by Legend, Jul 14, 2018, 12:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Legend

Oh yeah I forget that the California one is called Disneyland as well. They are great!

Yeah its awesome, the star wars theming is okay, the queue has some well made droids around and there's some videos. The ride plays the star wars theme as you go round the first corner and as you're about to launch, which is really awesome. On the ride itself there's a few screens showing space battles in the slower bits but that's about it.

Pirates is good, but I'm not a huge fan of those rides that are just going round looking at sets. Pirates is one of the best of those though, as its a boat with some drops. One of my biggest disappointments from the park is the lack of a proper log flume though, Pirates is the closest but its nowhere near. Splash Mountain in florida is fantastic, one of my favourite rides there.
I like dark rides but yeah I guess I liked them even more as a kid.

Not the biggest fan of log flume rides. I like Splash Mountain but wouldn't care for it if it lacked the sets. Didn't have the time to ride the Florida version this past trip.
I've never been to Disney anything.
Disney and Universal Studios to a lesser extent are just so cool because it's like stepping foot into different worlds.

You can have a boat ride down this river:
Image result for disneyland jungle cruise

And 5 minutes later be in colonial America:
Image result for disney world liberty square

I also really love how it's essentially like building real life video games. In fact lots of Walt Disney's concepts for Disneyland are used in open world games to make the player act like the devs want.

Also quick fun fact about the Jungle Cruise. Up until a few years ago the skippers used to carry real guns that would be loaded with blanks. Now they use fake guns.

Its really awesome, especially if you love Disney/ have loads of memories of watching Disney films when you were younger. They're also just great theme parks for fun rides. Take the kids some day when they're older and tall enough, they'll love it!
Or take the kids when they're really young and free!