Gaming leaks and your opinion

Started by daredevil.shark, Sep 16, 2014, 06:47 PM

previous topic - next topic

daredevil.shark

Leaks. Yes. Leaks.

We are very familiar with this word. And its also exciting. Eagerly waiting for your next favorite developers game? You dont have to wait. You can see it now.

But recently there have been a lot o leaks and so frequently that it raises the suspicion bar. Is someone so desperate to show at the cost of their job? Or do the developers plant these stealthy?

My opinion is that, most of these leaks are controlled. Publishers and developers do it on purpose for the "most of the time"

You might ask why? Yes why? The reason is its more exciting to see a thing that has been leaked and does good viral marketing. The latest game that might have followed this trend might be bloodborne. Its a great series and just see it has been talk of the town after these leaks.

So. What do you guys think? Do you think we are being played or getting more leaks?
Greatness awaits #4theplayers

ethomaz

I love.

Sincere opinion... I like to have teases about new games and things happening behind the industry.

daredevil.shark

Same here. Its irresistible. Lol.  :P  :P
Greatness awaits #4theplayers

kitler53

Leaks. Yes. Leaks.

We are very familiar with this word. And its also exciting. Eagerly waiting for your next favorite developers game? You dont have to wait. You can see it now.

But recently there have been a lot o leaks and so frequently that it raises the suspicion bar. Is someone so desperate to show at the cost of their job? Or do the developers plant these stealthy?

My opinion is that, most of these leaks are controlled. Publishers and developers do it on purpose for the "most of the time"

You might ask why? Yes why? The reason is its more exciting to see a thing that has been leaked and does good viral marketing. The latest game that might have followed this trend might be bloodborne. Its a great series and just see it has been talk of the town after these leaks.

So. What do you guys think? Do you think we are being played or getting more leaks?

there are a ton of "pretenders" and fake info out there but i absolutely believe there are controlled leaks.  very cheap marketing and the mystery of the situation i believe promotes more discussion than when there is just promotional materials put out into the internet.

Featured Artist: Vanessa Hudgens

Legend

In an ideal world, there would be no leaks. Imagine if at E3 bloodborne was shown and no one knew it beforehand. It'd be awesome

However I think publishers know that's unlikely to happen. So the innitial game leaks would always be real, but once the cat's out of the bag I could see later leaks maybe being controlled. But really I highly doubt more than 1% of leaks are purposly put out by the marketing team.

the-pi-guy

In an ideal world, there would be no leaks. Imagine if at E3 bloodborne was shown and no one knew it beforehand. It'd be awesome

It was still awesome, but I would say quality is more important than surprise. 
Bloodborne - name and pics revealed beforehand.
Scalebound - only name was known before. 
And yet Bloodborne was far more exciting than Scalebound for me. 

darkknightkryta

Even Kamiya agrees.  Though I'm not sure what he thinks about Bloodborne XD

Legend

Well PS4 verse XBOX ONE has a big factor in that comparison hahaha.

the-pi-guy

Well PS4 verse XBOX ONE has a big factor in that comparison hahaha.

Nah, I'm not like that! 

Riderz1337

Sucks for the developer, but I feel like a leak gives your game much more attention than actually announcing for the first time.
Legend made me remove this. Everybody riot.

Legend

Nah, I'm not like that! 

I mean there's just less hype associated with it. Nothing to do with bias!

the-pi-guy

I mean there's just less hype associated with it. Nothing to do with bias!

Nah, it was all about the music.  ;D

BasilZero

Yay to leaks.

I love leaks *-*!

the-pi-guy

Depends on how the leak is done.  :)