Announcing new site features: 7/9 released

Started by Legend, Aug 16, 2014, 05:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Aug 16, 2014, 05:00 AM Last Edit: Oct 21, 2014, 07:59 PM by Legend
Hello!

We've got a bucket load of new features just released or around the corner.

1: Quote notification
This is pretty similar to the system we are all used to at some other forums. However we'll be expanding its functionality. Not only will you know when you've been quoted in a thread, but you'll be able to jump to the exact post quoting you. You'll also be able to see how many times you were quoted in the thread before entering it. These quote notifications will only disappear once you've seen the specific posts, not just upon entering the thread.

2: Advanced Twitter Embedding
This one is already finished. Just click the twitter icon above the post area and paste the twitter id or link to the twitter post.

3: Advanced Control in Advanced Editor
Right now not all buttons work while the advanced editor is in use. That is being fixed.

4: Personal Pages
Right now the user pages are pretty barren. We will be bringing many new features to these pages so that users can customize their space and chat with other users in an even less formal setting.

5: Advanced Editing Rights
Right now the user can edit their posts and mods can edit posts. We're bringing the ability for other users to also edit a users post, when given permission. Thus a community thread about an upcoming game can have the op managed by three users instead of just one.

6: IRC like thread posting
During normal days traditional forum threads are perfect, but during extremely busy moments like NPD or press conferences there are a lot of posts coming in all at once. To facilitate this, all threads will have two ways to view and post. The first is exactly how it is atm. The second resembles IRC. No avatars or sigs, just text being updated in real time automatically. Posts made in this IRC view show up exactly like normal in the thread, and visa versa.

7: Custom Colors and more user options.
We love the way the VizionEck forum looks, but we believe you should get the final say for your own personal experience. More and more options are on the way.

8: Censorship of full or partial posts.
We currently have an optional profanity filter. We are extending that beyond just bad words, so that users can have a fully g rated experience if they want to. Users with the filter turned off will still see these posts in full as usual.

9: Additional embedding options.
Right now youtube, twitter, and vimeo can be embedded. We are expanding that to gametrailers.com and other video formats as requested.

All of these features should be integrated in near final form within the next month or so.

If you have any additional things you'd like to see added to the forum, please let us know.

EDT: number 6 is now released

EDT: number 8 is now released

EDT: number 1 is now released

EDT: number 9 is now released

EDT: number 4 is now released

EDT: number 5 is now released

ethomaz

These are really cool features.
Thanks Legend.

Code: [Select]
PS. I have a issue... when I use a button (for example the quote) in the Advanced Editor it just add the [quote] and not the [quote]_[/quote]  ...
even I click the button twice it will add [quote][quote] and not [quote]_[/quote].

Legend

These are really cool features.
Thanks Legend.

Code: [Select]
PS. I have a issue... when I use a button (for example the quote) in the Advanced Editor it just add the   ...
even I click the button twice it will add .

Yeah that's number 3 on the list.

Dr. Pezus

5: Advanced Editing Rights
Right now the user can edit their posts and mods can edit posts. We're bringing the ability for other users to also edit a users post, when given permission. Thus a community thread about an upcoming game can have the op managed by three users instead of just one.

AMAZEBALLS

Shinobi-san

Vizioneck STILL not banned at my workplace \O/

Legend

Good job legend :D

Thanks!

Also I have an update on IRC like threads.

They are called "Live View" and the limited release is tomorrow. Users with over 1k posts will be able to use them. Then depending on server load that'll keep lowering until all members can try out live view.

7H3

"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

7H3

I will say it would be cool to have 2 types of stickies...
1. for the hot topics list on the main forum page
2. for the categories and not appear on the main page view

Legend

I will say it would be cool to have 2 types of stickies...
1. for the hot topics list on the main forum page
2. for the categories and not appear on the main page view

Moved to correct thread ;)

7H3

Legend

7H3

Legend

Number 8 is now released. Use the fifth tag along the top. I have yet to get a custom image for it.

Dr. Pezus

So if I have words censored I can miss entire posts?

Xevross

So if I have words censored I can miss entire posts?

[NSFW]I guess that potentially this is what could happen sometime in the future. It really should be looked at so you can separate the two, perhaps.[/NSFW] ....Wouldn't you agree?

Go Up