Growing up, were you more Marvel or DC?

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 11, 2018, 04:48 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Personally I was more into DC.  
My dad especially would watch (animated) Justice League movies, and Superman movies, etc.  And I would join him.  

I'm still into DC, but everyone knows their movies are pretty disappointing.  :-P

Dr. Pezus

I dno, I was a big fan of Batman and equally fond of Spider-Man. Didn't really think much of other superheroes

Xevross

I actually didn't care for superheroes at all when I was growing up. I quite enjoyed spiderman (the original movies and games) but that was about it. I also watched the nolan batman trilogy and liked them a lot, but my interest in superhero movies was only ignited thanks to the MCU.

I'd still say I'm not that interested in superhero films. I'm just quite attached to the MCU because I like the films and the universe, not really too much for the superhero part.

I never had a superhero comic or action figure either.

Legend

I'm kinda like Xev and didn't/don't care about comics.

I liked Teen Titans on cartoon network and the spiderman movies with Tobey Maguire. Batman begins and superman returns were both kinda lame (batman less lame). Hulk was weird.

Was really excited when Marvel split off to become their own company and make their own films. I liked the Incredible Hulk and really liked Iron Man. Definitely became a Marvel fan around that time, although I also liked the Dark Knight.

Lost interest with Marvel around the time the first Avengers movie released. Didn't love all of their previous films, but that movie was the first time it started really feeling formula based.

Nowadays I don't care about either as a brand and just focus on their individual movies.

the-pi-guy

Teen Titans cartoon was awesome .

Xevross

I only really became aware of the whole Marvel vs DC thing fairly recently. I used to just think superheroes are superheroes and didn't care who made them or where they came from. I'd say it was around avengers time I started to become more aware. I think I used to often dismiss superheroes as being a nerdy thing to be into and therefore tried to avoid it ;D

Dr. Pezus

Mar 11, 2018, 05:59 PM Last Edit: Mar 11, 2018, 09:04 PM by Dr. Pez
I only really became aware of the whole Marvel vs DC thing fairly recently. I used to just think superheroes are superheroes and didn't care who made them or where they came from. I'd say it was around avengers time I started to become more aware. I think I used to often dismiss superheroes as being a nerdy thing to be into and therefore tried to avoid it ;D
If Marvel has achieved anything with their movies it's to show the world that nerds were right all along

Ludicrous Speed

Marvel, just because of the XMen cartoon and trading cards.

darkknightkryta

I loved Batman as far back as I could remember (Literally right back to kindergarten), liked me some X-men and Spider-man too!  So both XD