Ubisoft has 2 unannounced AAA games for release by April 2019, more AC: Origins DLC coming

Started by the-pi-guy, Mar 10, 2018, 03:30 PM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Ubisoft has 2 unannounced AAA games for release by April 2019, more AC: Origins DLC coming | ResetEra

Ubisoft has stated they have four AAA games releasing next fiscal year (April 2018 - March 2019). Known titles: - The Crew 2 - Skull & Bones Notes:
  • Most of these notes are about titles that aren't going to come out in this time period, so we should guess other things, with a couple exceptions.
  • Ubisoft has heavily hinted that Assassin's Creed is not getting a new game this year, and instead there will more "amazing" new DLC for Origins.
  • Yves implied that he was still taking concept pitches for Splinter Cell maybe a year or so ago, so that doesn't seem super likely.
  • Beyond Good & Evil 2 doesn't look like it's on track to release this generation.
  • Ghost Recon, South Park, and Far Cry just came out.
  • Rainbow Six and For Honor are near endless service games that won't be getting sequels for ages.
  • This also seems to be true for Steep, at least thus far, but it's hard to say. I would probably expect at least a three year gap though a la The Crew 2 and The Division 2, so it would be a bit early for a Steep sequel.
  • There will be a third year for The Division, but it doesn't necessarily sound like a huge amount of content is coming, especially compared to the amount of staff working on The Division.
  • Watch Dogs 2 hasn't been updated in a while.
  • Ubisoft excepts to sell something like 23 million units total.
  • The game Ubisoft delayed out of the fiscal year was expected to move 4-5 million units, which would be notably less than either Watch Dogs 2 or The Division shipped at launch.
  • Ubisoft said Avatar isn't expected to release until the second movie.
  • Ubisoft generally doesn't count things like Rabbids, Trials, Rayman, or Just Dance as AAA titles.
My guesses would be Watch Dogs 3 and The Division 2. Feel free to throw out guesses. Also, here's the teaser for Assassin's Creed's "amazing" unannounced DLC releases:
Essentially, Ubisoft has done the math and determined that long-lasting games are a better investment than annual flashes in the proverbial pan. Even for games that are primarily single-player, like Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft is not necessarily looking to jump ahead to the next major release."We are concentrating on Assassin's Creed: Origins for which we are going to launch a few other DLCs," Guillemot told investors during a conference call. "You will be amazed by what will come on Origins, so that's the only thing we can say for now."https://venturebeat.com/2018/02/12/...ewer-games-after-a-decade-of-annual-releases/Click to expand...

Legend

Division 2 is one. Good guess oop.

Maybe another switch game?

BananaKing

Mar 10, 2018, 04:01 PM Last Edit: Mar 10, 2018, 04:07 PM by BananaKing
Maybe a new IP? Or maybe a new Rainbow six?

Honestly this has me excited. I love some of ubisofts games and they keep making new and interesting games.

No way is it beyond good and evil, that game is way off. Heck, they won't even commit to it being a current gen game. Also they just said last year that they made the tech now it's time to make the game, so it will take a long time to see it release, I do remember them saying we will see gameplay at this years E3. I'm very very excited for this game, it looks amazing.

And with the division 2 already announced and coming within 12 months. I doubt much work has been made on the Avatar game, I think that game might take some tech from beyond good and evil actually. I'm excited for this as well