Paranautical Activity pulled off Steam because developer tweets threat

Started by the-pi-guy, Oct 21, 2014, 02:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

the-pi-guy

Developer gets pissed off about his game being incorrectly portrayed as early access on steam.  Subsequently threatens Gabe. 
His game is thus removed.

"Yes, we have removed the game's sales page and ceased relations with the developer after he threatened to kill one of our employees," said Valve's Doug Lombardi in an email.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/20/7024585/gabe-newell-death-threat-paranautical-activity-steam-valve

His partner. 

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Oct 21, 2014, 02:49 AM Last Edit: Oct 21, 2014, 02:57 AM by Legend

I read some other stuff too. 
Banning people for giving his game a bad review. 
https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/2jspdu/paranautical_activity_devs_begging_for_good/

Haha I love when these type of people get called out.

the-pi-guy

Feel bad about his partner though. 

Legend

Feel bad about his partner though. 

Yeah but who knows how things were behind the scenes.

7H3

hmm reminds me of another dev who worked on gears I think... but more real and less fake... inappropriate all the same though...
I'm sure he had more proper routes of communication to talk about the issue he had reasonably rather than venting on twitter
"It's hip to be square." - Eurogamer<br />"Shut up its art!" -Legend

BasilZero

Oct 21, 2014, 05:00 PM Last Edit: Oct 21, 2014, 05:02 PM by BasilZero
He's an idiot - why would you say something stupid like that to the owner of a Digital distributor that you are trying to get your game into so it can sell.

He brought this upon himself  - he should of contacted Valve directly if the Advert is showing "Steam Early Access" and not that it has been actually released - but nope he went on a twitter rage.

Hopefully Valve will decide to bring the game back on its library - sucks for those who actually paid for the game or who were waiting for it (and to the rest of the team that actually helped make the game).

Dr. Pezus

NeverDies

Well I guess this is a good object lesson on how death threats ruin everybody's day.
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

Legend

the-pi-guy

Legend

Read some of those comments, Mike is a legit [insert bad word here]. 

And as I said about his partner.

Yeah but who knows how things were behind the scenes.

Looks like just a bad studio.

the-pi-guy

Yeah.
Bad apples do ruin the bunch. 

darkknightkryta

Good thing your studio isn't like this.  Cause if it was I'd have to leave for doing things to @the-Pi-guy