Movie Thread

Started by Dr. Pezus, May 25, 2014, 04:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Legend

Could be really good

Legend

Also I watched Annihilation again. Not as amazing the second time around but I did notice some cool things I missed.

Xevross

Infinity War will be ever so close to $2bn with this weekend's numbers. Unfortunately JW hurt the overseas gross, so it won't quite make it. $2bn shall be reached on Monday or Tuesday though.

JW also really hurt Solo overseas, which collapsed to a $11.3m weekend (thats only 400k more than IW, which has been out for a much longer time).

Jurassic World 2 itself had a decent start, looking for almost $150m. Pretty much matching Solo's opening without domestic, china and some other big markets, lol. Anyway, a good start and looks set to be over $1bn with ease. Might be interesting to see where JW lands with respect to Black Panther. Could be a close one.

Xevross

Jun 11, 2018, 07:09 PM Last Edit: Jun 11, 2018, 07:12 PM by Xevross
With actuals, IW is only $500k short of 2 billy as of Sunday. Monday will be the day. Equal record for fastest to $2bn with Avatar, although its not going to get much further.

edit: China monday alone is already reported at $900k, so IW is officially over $2bn.

Dr. Pezus

Incredibles 2 getting great reviews!

Xevross

Incredibles 2 getting great reviews!
Hoorah! I'm so excited! :D

Xevross

Incredibles 2 just obliterated the Animated Movie Thursday Previews record. It got $18.5M, besting Dory's $9.2M. Insane. Movie will be massive.

nnodley

Incredibles 2 just obliterated the Animated Movie Thursday Previews record. It got $18.5M, besting Dory's $9.2M. Insane. Movie will be massive.
yeah literally everyone who was young when the first one came out, plus children now are going to want to see it.  This is the sequel we have been waiting for!

Xevross

yeah literally everyone who was young when the first one came out, plus children now are going to want to see it.  This is the sequel we have been waiting for!
dang straight, the only animated movie I've ever been hyped for.

I'm pissed off its still a month from release in the UK though, that's just mean.

Xevross

$71.6M opening day for Incredibles 2. That's fantastic, all time #9 best true friday number. Its going to smash Dory's animated OW record of $135M. Anything over $160M would be great, if it gets as high as $180M+ that's extraordinary.

Xevross

Story of the weekend is disney trying to fudge A Wrinkle in Time to over $100m. Apparently it made $750K on friday, which is a 2,430% boost from last Friday. Hmmmmmmm

Dr. Pezus

Story of the weekend is disney trying to fudge A Wrinkle in Time to over $100m. Apparently it made $750K on friday, which is a 2,430% boost from last Friday. Hmmmmmmm
Wait, how?

Xevross

Wait, how?
Fudging is a common practice. They probably counted some Incredibles 2 money as AWIT money

Xevross

Incredibles 2 with a huge $59M Saturday early estimate. That's an 11% increase over true friday, when pixar movies are normally flat. All signs are pointing to this being a box office monster, in the US at least.

Next weekend we might see two movies over $100M domestic for the first time ever. Jurassic World is looking good to get there, and Incredibles 2 might be able to hold well enough.

Dr. Pezus

Wtf will incredibles open with over 200m?

Go Up